Change of insulin from humalog to aprida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hepato-pancreato

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Has any of you good people had a change of insulin as above?
Had review today changed me so i could use a junior solostar pen and be able to administer 1/2 units.
I liked her she has been a type 1 for 60 years. Apparently she has changed many patients to this.
just wondered if it made a great difference to anyone?

I’ve done the opposite. I’ve always used apidra and had to switch to humalog temporarily when a manufacturing problem meant apidra was unavailable for several months. I hated it and was so glad to get back to apidra! Humalog always had a little kick at 5 hours that sent me low, apidra doesn’t have that. I use it with the junior star pen too

Thanks for the prompt reply. You've basically said verbatim, what the dn said. Liking the switch already even though can only get my new cartridges on friday.

That’s interesting then, that’s just my experience never been told the difference. I find the apidra just kind of gradually tails off. The only thing I do find annoying is winding back the junior star pen when I’ve finished a cartridge and am ready to put a new one in. Ages of winding! Can live with that though, it’s a nice feeling pen.

She even uses it showed me her pen to demonstrate the cartridge winding. Not used that system before.
she also said it didnt last as long as the humalog

I hope you like the apidra! I’d be absolutely gutted if I had to go back to humalog so am a firm apidra fan. Haven’t tried novorapid though so can’t compare against that

I believe @Pattidevans has used both Humalog and Apidra, though I’m not sure if there was a switch directly from one to another, or whether there may have perhaps been a period of NovoRapid in between?

Hiya, yes I went from Humalog to Apidra some 8+ years ago. For me Humalog lasted 5.5 hours and had a nasty kick in the tail, which often gave me a hypo. Apidra seems to last only 4 hours and as @Lucyr says, it just gradually tails off. I use it in a pump, so it is both my basal and my bolus and seems very biddable. Especially as I can dose in 0.1 increments. I'd not want to go back to Humalog.

Nearly a week on aprida now.Wow, up to now it has been a fantastic switch. Cannot believe the difference i've noticed already.

Nearly a week on aprida now.Wow, up to now it has been a fantastic switch. Cannot believe the difference i've noticed already.
I’m so glad you like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back