change in urine colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnarob

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Has anybody noticed a change in the colour of their urine since commencing Metformin?

Donna :confused:

Hi Donna, I can't comment on the metformin as I have never taken it, but there are many things that might change the colour of urine like change of diet and dehydration. Are you finding it is darker or lighter? Given that taking the metformin has coincided with many chages in your diet and lifestyle then it's probably hard to pin down, but if you are concerned at all then do ask your doctor for advice. 🙂

Hi Donna i have not noticed my urine changing colour but it can sometimes smell, if your urine is dark then it means your not drinking enough and you need to up your water intake,light urine is the best colour to pass , if your urine is cloudy or very dark then it is worth a trip to the GP.

It can also mean you have drank something that darkens it. e.g beetroot blackberries. As said it can also be a sign of dehydration or worse - liver problems. I personally would give it a day or so to see if it is down to food or drink, but if it continues see the GP.

Since I started with this I think mine has been slightly darker colour and has a richer odour. Maybe just down to not drinking enough. Presumably you doctor has tested it for how much sugar there is in it and other stuff?

I hope it doesn't change its colour or give kidney problems because I'm newly diagnosed as type 2 diabetes . It was a blood pressurectablet that gave me the diabetes and the diavetes nurse put me on metformin, so I can do without all medicines doing me harm instead of good .it angers me to know that pharmesudical companies can be letting drugs out that dont help the patient . I must admit the nurse warned I may get tummy ache when I first started taking netformin and I did. I've also just had infection and couldn't control it but just finished antibiotics. The last few days I've noticed very dark yellow urine but I'm always drinking water/tea/coffee . I also have osteoarthritis of the knee and have been immobile for the past year so suddenly having urine problems is very embarrassing

When I take my Forixiga it changes the colour in my urine, dont know if that helps your question. I am also on Metaformin 850mg x 3 daily.. Happy New Year and stay safe

I hope it doesn't change its colour or give kidney problems because I'm newly diagnosed as type 2 diabetes . It was a blood pressurectablet that gave me the diabetes and the diavetes nurse put me on metformin, so I can do without all medicines doing me harm instead of good .it angers me to know that pharmesudical companies can be letting drugs out that dont help the patient . I must admit the nurse warned I may get tummy ache when I first started taking netformin and I did. I've also just had infection and couldn't control it but just finished antibiotics. The last few days I've noticed very dark yellow urine but I'm always drinking water/tea/coffee . I also have osteoarthritis of the knee and have been immobile for the past year so suddenly having urine problems is very embarrassing
When I take my Forixiga it changes the colour in my urine, dont know if that helps your question. I am also on Metaformin 850mg x 3 daily.. Happy New Year and stay safe
You have both replied to a thread that is old and the original poster has not posted since 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back