change in pharmacist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Riight guys just had a quick Q can anyone help?

My regular chemist I use is changing from a Lloyds to a Boots, does that effect me in anyway? will i still have the same entitlenments r.e free scripts??

thanks in advance

Steff

P.S sorry is this seems a stupid question

Nah, they have to give you what your doctor tells them to. It's the law. And your exemption works anywhere, it's centrally controlled.

Mine did the same Steff, although it was before I was diagnosed so hard to say if the service improved or got worse!

mine too :D The service has been exactly the same and it's run by the same people.

I'm not 100% sure but MAYbe the only difference will be on your first visit if you have an exemption card, you may have to re-register it once they've changed to Boots, but once that's done it'll be on their computer permanently....... but maybe you won't need to. Nothing else should change, as everyone says.

xx
ps - my local Lloyds changed to Boots too, but before I was diagnosed! Still the same staff though, so no change in the service.

cheers guys xx just im due to pop in tomorrow to put script in, was just thinking id have to kick up fuss like

Yeah I was talking to my bro (a certified drug dealer) and he was saying (if I remember correctly!) that lloyds is no longer can't say I noticed really! but they still have a web presence??? Funny thing was he was gonna move over to them a few years ago! But has stuck with Jones the boot makers!

Riight guys just had a quick Q can anyone help?

My regular chemist I use is changing from a Lloyds to a Boots, does that effect me in anyway? will i still have the same entitlenments r.e free scripts??

thanks in advance

Steff

P.S sorry is this seems a stupid question

My local Chemist has changed in the last 3 months from a husband an wife(both pharmasts)sorry for spelling) to boots and it was ok as it still the same staff so there was no problems so it should not effect you in anyway.

I use several pharmacies/chemists. It does not affect your prescriptions atall. If I find I am getting bad service from one, I switch to another. Their loss.

i picked my strips up and they was no probs

mine is changing from an alliance to a boots, but there is already a boots opposite? It seems the same pharmacist is staying there so I hope to get the same service.

Looks like Boots is the new Tesco of the pharmaceutical world. Should we start boycotting them?? (My mum has started boycotting supermarkets 😉).

Looks like Boots is the new Tesco of the pharmaceutical world. Should we start boycotting them?? (My mum has started boycotting supermarkets 😉).

I have 3 tesco express' within 10 minutes walk, it does get a bit ridiculous at times

I have 3 tesco express' within 10 minutes walk, it does get a bit ridiculous at times

lol crazy. Apparently theyve been arranging contracts with suppliers and then they suddenly drop the prices they are willing to pay, even though they agreed to the contract?! evil! But it is way too much effort boycotting them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back