Status
Not open for further replies.

CathyFP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi,
Has anyone already changed from Libre2 to Libre2 plus?

My prescription has been changed and I’m wondering whether to expect any differences/improvements. I know the sensor lasts for one day longer. I’m hoping for improvements in the algorithm so fewer inaccurate lows. Anyone got any experience of this change yet? Thanks Cathy

I've been using Libre2 plus recently, and I find the accuracy is far, far better than the Libre2. It's generally around the same as my Contour Next Plus meter. I found Libre2's sometimes way out.

I recently moved from Libre 2 to Libre 2 plus (after being sent one by Abbott as a replacement for a faulty Libre 2 one, and requesting an upgrade from my GP (who is fantastic with such things, and updated my prescription immediately!)) and on first impression it is much better (on my second one now) - more reliable and accurate with minimal signal loss (no more than 1-1.5 mmol/l away from finger prick glucose reading using Glucofix Tech GK Meter) - long may it continue and good luck with it 🙂

I’m using the libre 2, but would like to try the new one or the libre 3 , which is smaller. When I saw the diabetes nurse a couple of months ago she was testing the liver 3, so maybe I’ll ask her if they are planning to change soon. The libre 2 won’t work with my phone, so maybe one of the other types will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back