change from bs carbs etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

erik

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi all,i have a query that has been bothering me for a while,just wondered if anyone could help!!! iam group2 for 2years,and i was at my doctors surgery a few days ago,over my bloods and asked about fasting,when the receptionist looked at my file,and on the screen i noticed that she was looking at all my history,which included very private info about my reasons for interveiw,even though i only state that i would like to see the doctor,and not tell receptionist what i am seeing doctor for. is this ok!!!! :confused:

I'm not an expert, but there are rules under the data protection act over who sees or has access to your information. I think you might need further advice and hopefully someone who knows for certain will be along soon.

As far as having access to medical records, receptionists do have the right of access as they prepare notes for the doctor and need to update medical records with test results etc. But under the data protection act they are not allowed to discuss the patients medical records with anyone or just read them for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back