cgms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrissie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I've been given a CGMS for 2 weeks as part of a research trial (closed loop in pregnancy, normal daily activities study) i'm participating in & would like some help.
I was given the cgms this afternoon at clinic it's a abbott freestyle navigator, the sensor was put in at 5pm & i was told to callibrate it 1hr later at 6pm, 2nd calibration 1hr later at 7pm, 3rd calibration at 10hrs 3am, 4th calibration at 5pm tomorrow. The first calibration was fine & the cgms was giving me continous readings (they were indicating that i was low 3.6- 2.5mmols but i didn't feel hypo & when i checked with my normal monitor i was 4.7), i did the 2nd calibration & now i'm not getting any readings & the screen is showing --- & an egg timer symbol (which says the system is waiting to do something & i don't need to do anything, but this well over an hour ago.
Does anybody have any advice on what i should do? I'll contact my diabetes team in the morning but i thought somebody here might know what to do.
Thanks
Chrissie

Do Abbott have a 24 hour helpline you can contact for advice? I wore a Medtronic CGM and had quite alot of calibration problems. Can't really offer any other help I'm afraid :confused:

I've been looking through the manual they gave me & can't find anything :( i'm sure that there must be a helpline somewhere thanks for your quick reply x

0500 467 466

hope that helps x

and i only know as i have the freestyle lite meter and have had to ring them a few times lol

Last edited:
Thanks Steph I called but it was an out of hours answerphone :(
i'll call them & my team in the morning
thank you for your help xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back