CGM v Flash glucose monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the advantage of a CGM over a flash glucose monitor?

It’s all in the name @barbie3 A CGM is a continuous glucose meter and you can look at your receiver/phone at any time to see what your blood sugar is doing. A Flash GM only shows your blood sugar when you actually scan it.

What’s the advantage of a CGM over a flash glucose monitor?
Presuming you mean Libre 2 (so the flash glucose monitor has alarms) it's just that CGM doesn't need to be scanned. The receiver (or phone) gets the readings wirelessly and without any need to scan.

(If you're willing to use unofficial software, Libre 2 sensors can offer that too.)

And you can calibrate CGMs but not the Libre 2 (unless you download unofficial software, then some of them can do a kind of calibration, I believe).

And you can calibrate CGMs but not the Libre 2 (unless you download unofficial software, then some of them can do a kind of calibration, I believe).
Hello,

They can be calibrated using “Diabox” or “xDrip.” In my experience Diabox on Android phone makes the Libre 2 a pretty stable & power frugal “CGM.” With customisable alerts & widgets for home & Lock Screen.

Hello,

They can be calibrated using “Diabox” or “xDrip.” In my experience Diabox on Android phone makes the Libre 2 a pretty stable & power frugal “CGM.” With customisable alerts & widgets for home & Lock Screen.

They would be the “unofficial software” I referred to 🙂

They would be the “unofficial software” I referred to 🙂
That you did. Though I don’t have the discrepancy to meter issues some report online with the librelink app.

It’s nice to have a “CGM” update experience. Rather than do a “contortion act” finding the sweet spot with NFC. 😉

Some people also need their readings constantly relayed to another device (eg insulin pump) or another person (eg parent or carer) without them scanning, which some CGMs provide functionality for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back