CGM and Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerald87

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
My son has the G7 and will only wear it on his arm. He is very active with football and training for the coming season has just started again. He plays in goal. All the diving has caused the CGM to fall off even with an over patch and protective band over the top. Anyone any tips/ideas what else he can try?

Thanks

I can understand the difficulty with him playing in goal.

Henry Slade (Exeter and England Rugby player) wears a tubi grip over his sensor. Might that work?
By wearing a sensor his managers can monitor his levels whilst he is playing through the sharing of data from his sensor.

I tend to put a tegaderm over my sensor when I am unsure of things, just to be on the safe side. I find that a lot more secure than the tapes that are provided with my sensor.

I haven’t used a G7 as I am on a different system, so other users may have better ideas for you.

Vet Wrap/Cohesive Bandage would be my suggestion

My son has the G7 and will only wear it on his arm. He is very active with football and training for the coming season has just started again. He plays in goal. All the diving has caused the CGM to fall off even with an over patch and protective band over the top. Anyone any tips/ideas what else he can try?

Thanks

I have a G7. I’m not a goalie (!) but I am very active. I’ve found mine has stuck so well I’ve had trouble getting it off. The overlay is super-strong. So, I wonder if it’s the specific movements of goal-keeping that’s causing it. You could try a slightly different arm position. That’s what I’d do. If that didn’t work, I’d try a Tubigrip.

Ah @Emerald87 - looking back, I see your son didn’t want to wear the G7 overlay because it “looked like a plaster”. If he’s in fact using a different overlay, then I urge him to use the actual G7 one. Tell him from me that no-one notices or gives a **** about what’s on his arm. The G7 overlay has been specially designed, and used properly it’s got a better chance of holding his sensor on. I never use overlays for pump cannulas or anything, but the G7 one is part of the system so I’ve always used it and wouldn’t use a sensor without it.

Ah @Emerald87 - looking back, I see your son didn’t want to wear the G7 overlay because it “looked like a plaster”. If he’s in fact using a different overlay, then I urge him to use the actual G7 one. Tell him from me that no-one notices or gives a **** about what’s on his arm. The G7 overlay has been specially designed, and used properly it’s got a better chance of holding his sensor on. I never use overlays for pump cannulas or anything, but the G7 one is part of the system so I’ve always used it and wouldn’t use a sensor without it.
He has started to wear the overlay now due to the hot weather we had. I also bought some clear ones so he’s tried those too. He’s even said himself if anyone notices it they don’t even ask what it is.

He has started to wear the overlay now due to the hot weather we had. I also bought some clear ones so he’s tried those too. He’s even said himself if anyone notices it they don’t even ask what it is.

Great news 🙂 I’d try varying the arm position then and a Tubigrip🙂 I’ve seen some people wear them more on the inner arm, so that’s worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back