Cereal

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I no we have done this before, bit was is your favourite cereal with hardly any sugar, i have porridge but getting bord with it and, with summer coming up do not want to be eating it on a hot day. 🙂

I like hot weetabix, have to add some sweetener to it. And like special k cereal, and that seems ok to my blood sugar.
I also most of the sweet cereals like frosties, honey loops etc. but I very rarely have them as they do spike my blood sugar.

I like Weetabix and Shredded Wheat and sometimes get some Special K for a change. Love a bit of porridge for a treat - with or without a few sultanas (naughty, naughty). I have a very sweet tooth but funnily enough, I enjoy these without any sweetener. How odd is that?

I will eat more or less any cereal, but I don't of course but draw the line at All Bran as it comes- a bit bitter for me:D

I cant have special K sent my sugars sky high, I have porridge with a slight drip of golden syrup in.

I like porridge with honey in the winter, but go for weetabix or bran flakes (no sugar or sweetener) when the days get longer. The worst cereal I have come across (for me!) was Optivita - spiked me hugely😱 Shredded wheat is good too, but I'm not a fan personally. Toast - seeded or granary - gives a little variety. Annoyed since diagnosis that I can't have a glass of fruit juice without some very tricky and usually unsuccessful messing about with the timing of my insulin.:(

Hello,

I put some fruit through my porridge to make it a bit more interesting. Chopped up apples and sultanas are good 🙂

I'm lucky that I get away with most cereals, even Frosties. However I normally eat Special K, Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Crunchy Nut and Cornflakes although I've no idea how much of a spike they give as I don't test post meal.

NiVZ

I had first morning without porridge but muesli instead for probably 4 months, and I hypo'd by mid morning! Yay! I will continue to use up the muesli, but then back on porridge oats, at the weekend I sometimes just have more and a drop (or two) of whisky (just a blend!) on it. Sometimes weekend call for bacon & eggs tho. On a hot day, just eat it cold, cook it up let it stand for ten mins, no problemo!

I try to avoid cereals, but I do buy the multi packs with 8 different types of cereal in. I get bored with a big box and having lots to choose from is more fun. It means I get boring ones like shreddies and nice onse like frosties, and because they are little boxes I am not so tempted to over do it!

porridge or toast. Cereal plays havok with me at the moment (expecting a massive spike ina bit despite doing everything I normally do)

Annoyed since diagnosis that I can't have a glass of fruit juice without some very tricky and usually unsuccessful messing about with the timing of my insulin.:(

I find tomato juice is OK for me. (Alergic to oranges anyway so that isn't an option)

I used to love eating Frosties but have now changed to Cheerio's, I tried a spoonfull of Frosties about two months ago and it tasted so sweet I had to spit it out, I had acclimatised! So, Cheerio's it is now. At this rate I will soon be able to eat the brown brillo pads 😱 (Weetabix, euch!) 😛
I don't test so have no idea what they do to my blood sugar count, I just know that I don't get the sugar rush with them. (I always get the tingles in my left foot when I've been naughty!) 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back