• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions about diabetes. Everyone manages their health differently. Please be mindful of this.

Cerazette

RoseH

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi I’ve just been prescribed this contraception and was told it’s safer for type 1, just looking for anyone’s experiences on it, thanks

Josh DUK

Online Forum Manager
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi I’ve just been prescribed this contraception and was told it’s safer for type 1, just looking for anyone’s experiences on it, thanks
Hello @RoseH ,

I have moved your comment to the pregnancy section.

Inka

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Cerazette is a POP, I think? I’ve never taken it but have taken the normal Pill with both hormones. I believe the POPs are considered safer but it’s what suits you too eg if you get breakthrough bleeding on it you might want a change. Certainly it’s worth a try :)

Dev

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi I take desogestrel and that is a pop pill iv been type 1 for 41 yrs so I'm carful what I take and must say iv been fine on this one and my periods if I have one is so light probably for a day or two but only spotting. Also blood pressure been fab.. So maybe if the one you are on don't work ask gp if can try my ones.. Good luck x