CeQur Announces Positive Results from Study Evaluating Simple Insulin Delivery Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
CeQur SA, a company focused on the development and commercialization of simple insulin delivery devices, announced that initial data from a study of the company's PaQ? Insulin Delivery Device were presented today at the 6th International Conference on Advanced Technologies & Treatments for Diabetes (ATTD) in Paris, France. The data suggest that PaQ is a safe, highly satisfying alternative to multiple daily insulin injections (MDI) for people with type 2 diabetes ? many of whom need new tools to help them achieve better glycemic control.

"This study demonstrated that simple infusion with a device such as PaQ is a valid approach for people with type 2 diabetes who are dependent on multiple daily insulin injections," said Dr. Julia Mader of the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Medical University of Graz, who presented the data. "This is very exciting because it means we will have a new tool to help our patients with type 2 diabetes overcome some of the obstacles that currently prevent them from effectively managing their disease."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ng-people-with-type-2-diabetes-193865071.html

Is this basically a pump? Would it be a real benefit? Or is it just that the T2 market shows more potential for growth? And am I being cynical?

It is basically a 'patch' pump - but it would not appear to have as many features as a 'normal' pump. Looks not unlike an Omnipod 'pod'. I think that may be why they are saying T2 - plus exactly what you said, just call us the Cynical Twins LOL

You can vary the basal rate - doesn't say how many times a day though and that would be a feature a lot of T1s would need. (we were discussing this about a week ago, eg me and Mike both have 9 per day) No idea how many the average T2 would need, but I should have thought they'd be the same? It also doesn't indicate if you can do a Temporary base rate - we have to reduce or increase ours at odd times - because we found the supermarket trip more strenuous than normal and we are going hypo - we can also reduce it right down to Nil if we want to in those circs. Ditto what I said about T2s, why wouldn't they?

What about reducing insulin doses because you are going on a 50km bike ride today? Would an insulin taking T2 need to do that? I don't see why not?

And I would have thought T2 people would need stuff like extended boluses just as much as a T1 ?

Bit puzzled but hey - anything that helps - depending on cost of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back