Cellnovo's range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello. Registered ages ago but I should be more proactive on here. Anyway...

Recently switched on to a Cellnovo. For appropriate canular rotation I've tried it on my back. The only problem with doing so is that I can't really get a signal to the handset unless I hold it around there for a while.

Is the Bluetooth signal that weak for everyone else?

Hi Matthew, I've not heard of this before, is it like an omnipod?

I do not have a cellnovo, but on my Combo, there are times when I need to move my handset a bit closer to the pump. Often it is an indication that the batteries are getting a bit low on the handset. Could that be the case.

Hi Matthew, I've not heard of this before, is it like an omnipod?
Kind of. It's a fairly recent design I believe.
http://www2.cellnovo.com/system
I do not have a cellnovo, but on my Combo, there are times when I need to move my handset a bit closer to the pump. Often it is an indication that the batteries are getting a bit low on the handset. Could that be the case.
That's a very reasonable thought. Alas I do charge it every night (as per guidance) and even immediately so I have the problem. So I'm guessing it's either very weak or a potential fault (or can't get around my belly)!

Do they have a Helpline like other pump companies? - if so - ring em!

I only ever had this prob the once with my Combo - and then realised I was sitting at the table so the pump in my trousers pocket was under the table top, whilst the handset was above it. Apparently Bluetooth can't get through our dining table!

Good luck Mathew, Bluetooth phones work in big areas, my car works about 15/20 ft away or more. so it does not sound brilliant that's car & phone & I bet its very similar tech.

Been in touch and they do accept that the pump has to be in direct line of sight with the handset. It would appear some interesting changes coming this year, including migration over to Bluetooth. No doubt that will be a help to many.

I always thought the Cellnovo looked good when I saw a mock up in 2009 so enquired whether it did the ironing - in which case all busy ladies would be battering their doors down for one. However the lady thought there weren't any plans in he pipeline for that ....... :(

Haven't seen a real one yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back