Cellnovo in administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Cycle

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
About 70 staff have been made redundant at an insulin pump manufacturer.

Cellnovo Limited, who are based at Bridgend's Pencoed Technology Park, developed, manufactured and marketed the first mobile, all-in-one diabetes management system.

The firm appointed administrators, who found it was no longer viable for the company to manufacture its product.

The job losses come after Ford announced in February a voluntary redundancy scheme at its Bridgend site.

Seventy staff members have been made redundant with immediate effect, while 20 have been kept on to oversee the wind-down.

Further development of the insulin system impacted on sales, leading to the redundancies, administrator RSM Restructuring Advisory said.

The product is a wearable patch pump for insulin, which can be worn discreetly on the body.

It has a touch-screen handheld device which controls the pump, but also enables people to record their activity and input blood/glucose readings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47749045

This is a shame. It was the patch pump option offered when I was choosing my pump. Glad I didn't go for it.

Wow, sad to hear - it's good to have as much choice as possible and sad for the employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back