Celariac

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoticcar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have not been able to find celeriac in the local shops for a couple of weeks ,what is a good alternative I use swede but I can't think of anything else to go with it that is low carb
Carol

I have not been able to find celeriac in the local shops for a couple of weeks ,what is a good alternative I use swede but I can't think of anything else to go with it that is low carb
Carol
Celeriac is more of an autumn vegetable so there should start to be more around, you could try butternut squash or if you are mixing with swede some carrots should be OK.

Carrots are too carby for me unfortunately but I had butternut squash oven chips with my fish and green veg this evening with parsley sauce
Carol

Carrots are too carby for me unfortunately but I had butternut squash oven chips with my fish and green veg this evening with parsley sauce
Carol
You must be particularly sensitive to carrots as they seem to be less carbs than swede.

I buy swede with the best of intentions and then end up with a pan full of bubble and squeak gently cooking after the bacon has been done - mashed swede, any leftover veges, a couple of eggs, mix vigorously and pat down into the hot pan. Place under the grill to brown the top....

Turnips?

Carol
Boiled carrots are 6g carb per 100g, just the same as swede. Roast butternut squash is 8g/100g. Maybe you need to retest the carrots, could be something else that made you think they are too carby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back