Cataracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellie01

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
I finally got my HbA1c down from 154 in july to 40 in November to enable me to have the cataracts done in both of my eyes on 22nd December. Wow what a game changer it is being able to see again, i still need reading glasses for close up but i can deal with that x

Delighted for you and congratulations on a fantastic HbA1c reduction. WELL DONE!

I finally got my HbA1c down from 154 in july to 40 in November to enable me to have the cataracts done in both of my eyes on 22nd December. Wow what a game changer it is being able to see again, i still need reading glasses for close up but i can deal with that x
Well done!

Well done. It is a real game changer. I know because I had mine done too.

I also (later on) developed crystalisation of the (no idea but where the old lens was removed) and I couldn't see anything clearly again. The optician could see exactly what the problem was and referred me for laster treatment. Had laser surgery done on both eyes, (easy, painless) and my eye sight was better than ever.

So, look (pun intended) out for vision deteriorating again in terms of clarity. Easily and permanently fixed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back