Cat named Pudding rescues owner hours after his adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pudding the cat is big. He is orange. He is laid-back. And he?s a lifesaver.
Just ask Amy Jung. The 36-year-old Wisconsin resident credits 21-pound Pudding with saving her from the grip of diabetic seizure mere hours after she adopted him from a local animal shelter.
?If something or someone hadn?t pulled me out of that, I wouldn?t be here,? Jung told the Green Bay Press-Gazette newspaper.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46504285/ns/today-good_news/#.T0c3A_FmKAg

Are cats in America really embarrassed about being described more accurately as ginger and white rather than orange?!? Still, nice story about cat and humans helpign each other.

For once, I'm typing without my cat sitting on my shoulders - even though she weighs about 3kg, much less than 21lb Pudding - it can be uncomfortable after a while. But she has decided duvet is preferable just now.

Why do Americans have diabetic 'fits' or 'seizures' - whilst in the UK we just have hypos?

To me a 'fit' is someone losing entire control of their body, dropping to the floor, twitching a lot, possibly foaming at the moth and possibly swallowing their tongue.

A 'seizure' OTOH is a terrific pain in the chest, causing one to involuntarily clutch one's chest; probably have difficulty breathing and in any event pass out, or at least collapse on the floor in a heap.

I have very rarely done any part of either thing, whilst Hypo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back