Carbzone Wraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelSprings

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi

I ordered from Amazon UK two packs of Carbzone wraps, which arrived today, and after reading the reviews on Amazon on how to use them I'm still a little confused. Do they taste better if warmed, and if so do I warm them in the microwave, oven, or in a frying pan? Can they be used cold straight from the packet, e.g. possibly filled with salad ingredients and then rolled? And I understand they can be used as a piazza base.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for fillings. Read somewhere about a tuna melt, is this tinned tuna with cheese mixed in then melted?

They are a bit expensive to purchase, so I don't want to end up not enjoying them!

Many thanks.

I think I would have them with something like chilli, fajitas, curry and have it warm, a minute or so in the microwave is enough usually. I haven't had those specific ones but ordinary tortillas work like that. I'm not sure how much structural integrity they would have as a pizza base but might be worth a try.

I think I would have them with something like chilli, fajitas, curry and have it warm, a minute or so in the microwave is enough usually.
I've not had them either. Judging by reviews (and the manufacturer) heating (such as in a microwave) seems to be the best bet. One review suggests heating too much might make them a bit tough (though it also said they tasted fine).

(Judging by the ingredients I'm not quite sure why they couldn't be toasted in some way, but I haven't tried it so maybe there's some problem that's obvious when it's in your hands. Maybe the water (seems to be the top ingredient) is bound in some way that once it's heated too much the structure goes?)

@EmmaL76 make an omelette wrap with them, which sounded delicious. I've still not tried them myself.

I have had the lodough wraps I use them for pizza bases. For a low carb alternative with toppings usually 6-8g they are pretty good.

Hi
Thank you for your helpful suggestions. I've just eaten my first wrap. I looked up the recipe for Tuna cheese melt, filled the wrap with the recommended tuna, grated cheese, and mayonnaise, then cooked it on both sides in a hot frying pan for a few minutes, and it really hit the button taste wise. I can see me investing in a panini maker.

I haven't tried the wraps cold yet. When I lifted the wrap from the packaging it appeared rather thin and somewhat uninviting, but once cooked it was good. I think they will prove invaluable because they are only 4 grams carb per wrap. A slice of ordinary bread is often 14 - 16 grams, even the popular Burgen, so to make a sandwich you could be eating 32 grams of carbs in one go.

To finish off the meal I had a small portion of British strawberries with double cream.

I'll test my BG levels in two hours time.

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back