• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions within our online community

Carbs

BlueArmy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
and thats the best medical advice I can give haha, stay drunk stay healthy

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I don't think lockdown helped that either.
Not driving, hot tub, glass of cold white in the afternoon.....

diatribe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I used to find wine lowers my BG while the alcohol is being processed, but, it was followed by a spike at about 4 or 5am for me.
I hope that is not the case, in any event I have 1 glass of red... I was never a heavy drinker, but this is a definite cut from where I was at the start of the year.

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I hope that is not the case, in any event I have 1 glass of red... I was never a heavy drinker, but this is a definite cut from where I was at the start of the year.
Honestly, my meter doesn't lie.
Definitely the case.
However, as Mike said in a different thread, it's not the case for him, the only common rule for diabetes it seems is there isn't a common rule.

diatribe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Honestly, my meter doesn't lie.
Definitely the case.
However, as Mike said, it's not the case for him, the only common rule for diabetes it seems is there isn't a common rule.
I am sure it doesn't lie, I will follow your "advice" and perhaps wake myself up one morning to see if there is a spike. Thanks, for pointing this potential issue out.

travellor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am sure it doesn't lie, I will follow your "advice" and perhaps wake myself up one morning to see if there is a spike. Thanks, for pointing this potential issue out.
It will be interesting to see the result.
Hopefully it's just me that is odd.

diatribe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It will be interesting to see the result.
Hopefully it's just me that is odd.
We are all different, not odd :)

As for the wine, I have hardly any these days so I will probably schedule the next one in my diary :)