Carbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxsee

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi all, I’m new here and just been told I’m pre diabetic, can anyone let me know how many grams of carbs per meal I should be aiming for? TIA

Hi. It's the daily total you need to think about. Experience will guide you based on things like exercise. A daily total of 150gm is not a bad start point but see how you go and your blood sugar readings if you have meter. If your don't have a meter it may be worth considering getting one to guide you.

Hello and welcome to the forum 🙂
We can not tell you how many carbs you need to aim for as everyone is different.
Perhaps work out how many you are eating now and cut it in half and see what happens.
Other type2's recommend buying a meter so you can see what is going on blood sugar wise.

We can not tell you how many carbs you need to aim for as everyone is different.
Perhaps work out how many you are eating now and cut it in half and see what happens.
Other type2's recommend buying a meter so you can see what is going on blood sugar wise.
Thankyou for your help

Thankyou for your help.
Hi. It's the daily total you need to think about. Experience will guide you based on things like exercise. A daily total of 150gm is not a bad start point but see how you go and your blood sugar readings if you have meter. If your don't have a meter it may be worth considering getting one to guide you.
Thankyou for your help.

At the prediabetes level some modest changes will most likely be all that is needed so reducing some of the big hitters like cakes, biscuits and sugary drinks including fruit juice and looking at your intake of things like bread, potatoes, rice, pasta cereals, pastry and high carb snacks like crisps and some tropical fruits. That still gives you plenty of options for tasty filling meals.
This link may help you with some ideas. https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/

At the prediabetes level some modest changes will most likely be all that is needed so reducing some of the big hitters like cakes, biscuits and sugary drinks including fruit juice and looking at your intake of things like bread, potatoes, rice, pasta cereals, pastry and high carb snacks like crisps and some tropical fruits. That still gives you plenty of options for tasty filling meals.
This link may help you with some ideas. https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/
Hi, I'm prediabetes bloods 43.. iv stopped smoking and I go out walking more & further. Is it possible to get sugar down in 3 months when my next test will be due?

Quite simply the answer to your last question is a resounding yes.

Another thing that will help you monitor your daily carbs is getting an app which measures carbs along with cals, fats, proteins, salt and exercise. MyFitBit and NutraCheck are two examples. With an HbA1c of 43 you should easily reduce your glucose with a few minor tweaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back