Carbs and cals - for chips in a restaurant or pub which ones?

mum2westiesGill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
For chips in a restaurant or pub which chips on carbs and cals would you use? For the thin skinny McDonald's type I would use the french fries but what about the others?

Screenshot_20210721-150155_Carbs & Cals.jpg

Screenshot_20210721-150205_Carbs & Cals.jpg

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
The app has a Macdonalds section. Though on mine there is a lock symbol next to the fries.

mum2westiesGill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The app has a Macdonalds section. Though on mine there is a lock symbol next to the fries.
Thanks for your reply but I wasn't meaning specifically Macdonalds - I was asking for the chips in a restaurant or pub which picture on carbs and cals would anyone use? For the thin skinny macdonalds type chips I would use the french fries picture

Ps I haven't got a lock symbol next to the fries - maybe I'm allowed to eat them and you're not lol

Last edited:

mum2westiesGill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Nutracheck has values for all sorts of chips, including “pub & bar food”
Cheers thanks for that and they also have the 'enter specific weight' option with them which is what I like now I've got my folding scales

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Surely you won't know what the fries/chips are like until you see them on the plate in front of you. So you might just have to go with your best guess.
It will partly depend on whether it it a chain pub where they will have to be to a standard or an independent when they can do what they like.

mum2westiesGill

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Surely you won't know what the fries/chips are like until you see them on the plate in front of you. So you might just have to go with your best guess.
It will partly depend on whether it it a chain pub where they will have to be to a standard or an independent when they can do what they like.
Yes I'll wait until the fries/chips are on the plate in front of me to see what they're like but at least by then I'll know roughly what to go for on carbs and cals or nutracheck when I'm doing my carb count - and weighing of course with my folding scales :) we ask for a spare plate for this purpose

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It was not the ordinary fries it was the specific Macdonalds one, it seems to be to get me subscribe but I am not going to.

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
If they’re thin ones I’d use french fries, if they’re not thin ones I’d use either of the deep fried options when eating out, they’re almost identical for carb content.