Carbs And Cals Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone bought the new book carbs and cals yet if so what is it like it looks pretty good but want to see what others think first before i get a copy.

i want it sooooooo badly...cant afford it at the moment though, and i think my OH would hit the roof if i brought another book 😱

Looks Great! 🙂

As a person who has 'some' learning difficulties, this book looks ideal 🙂

I have ordered it today! I have found retaining information from other books alike, has been very difficult for me. I think the pictures will help me to absorb the information I need when it comes to the complex carb counting! 😱

I will pop back and let you know what I think once I have received the book and had time to look through it.

Love to all, Ellowyne

Excellent Ellowyne, thank you. People absorb information in different ways, so it's good to have an alternative to text and tables, and it does look very professionally produced. 🙂

I got mine through the post this morning, and I'm very impressed with it! :D I checked the things that I'm confident about being able to carb count by eye, and they came to the same figures I did, which is always reassuring!

There are a lot of things covered, and they even have some things set out as meals (like sausage and mash) so it's easier to judge a portion if you're given the entire meal. I really like the sections like takeaways, where you can actually *see* what they mean when they say a portion, and judge how yours compares (I hate when a carb counter just says "naan bread", with no idea as to how big that naan bread might be...!)

All in all, I'd say I'm rather happy with it. 🙂

Yep got mine too. It looks fab. I got one for Jessica as well, she wanted her own and as it is her diabetes what can I do !!

The only thing is that a couple of ones I would say were out. Ie bread, one slice they have as 10cho and we all know the rule of thumb is one medium slice is 15 cho so not sure about that but that is all I have really found. The rest looks brilliant and will be great for going out, worth the money I think.

Yep got mine too. It looks fab. I got one for Jessica as well, she wanted her own and as it is her diabetes what can I do !!

The only thing is that a couple of ones I would say were out. Ie bread, one slice they have as 10cho and we all know the rule of thumb is one medium slice is 15 cho so not sure about that but that is all I have really found. The rest looks brilliant and will be great for going out, worth the money I think.

That sounds great!....I look forward to receiving mine soon 😉

By the way...what does 'cho' mean please? :confused:

That sounds great!....I look forward to receiving mine soon 😉

By the way...what does 'cho' mean please? :confused:

Oh sorry, it means carbohydrate

Received mine in the post yesterday.

Looks great from an initial flick of the pages.

Last night for dinner we had meat balls with a bolognese style sauce from a jar and spaghetti. The carbs that I worked out from the packets and jars was more or less the same as what the carbs & cals book gave for a similar sized portion of spag bol. - so far so good.

The values are never going to be exact but as a general guide I think it's excellent.

if your local library has a copy, you can look at the book there before deciding to buy. Also some on line book stores allow a peek at some books before you buy, Amazon is one of them, so it may pay you to look there too.

Must say what others have said about the book sounds very positive, so I will look for it.

Got my copy yesterday and, although admittedly it's a very "Janet & John" style book it's exactly what I need to follow early carb counting at present. I think it's a very sensible book and makes easy reference reading.

Obviously if you are used to carb counting it's going to be a bit juvenile for you but as a starter (or reminder) it would be a great help to anyone new to carb counting. I was impressed by the layout and clarity of it.🙂

I met the guy who created the book at the DUK conference, I was invited to the book launch but cdnt make it!

The book is awesome 🙂

mine arrived yesterday, but I haven't had the chance to sit and look at it yet..

Just ordered mine! will help me alot as i have only recently started carb counting and making my life soo much easier! 🙂

I ordered mine from Amazon last week before it was released. I got an email a few days ago, saying there was a delay with the order :(
Still showing no signs of dispatch today 😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back