Carb values (kindle) book

Status
Not open for further replies.

indio02

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Was wondering if anyone can recommend a kindle book that gives carb values of various foods. Prefer kindle as I can have it on my phone but a physical book recommendation would be OK.
Thanks.

Supermarket websites also have nutrition information on the groceries section of their websites.. Once you have the item up on screen just scroll down and it's all there. I regularly look stuff up using just my smartphone.

A second the vote for Carbs and Cals, though the fact they have now moved to a subscription model is annoying, especially as I paid for the app (though it was only a nominal fee.) I'd not say it's my bible, I don't see any appeal in paying any more to subscribe, but it's sometimes handy to look at and worth the £2.99 or whatever nominal value I paid when I can't be bothered to open a web browser (see below).

I have the pocket book(s) too, but very rarely use them.

More generally these day, I would use one of the supermarket websites and look at the data for a given product, it's free and probably actually matches what I'm going to eat (which I've bought from a supermarket). I must say that I don't find it particularly easy to gauge the serving sizes used in the carbs and cals app/book by looking at what's on the plate, and always go with the weight measures.

A second the vote for Carbs and Cals, though the fact they have now moved to a subscription model is annoying, especially as I paid for the app (though it was only a nominal fee.) I'd not say it's my bible, I don't see any appeal in paying any more to subscribe, but it's sometimes handy to look at and worth the £2.99 or whatever nominal value I paid when I can't be bothered to open a web browser (see below).

I have the pocket book(s) too, but very rarely use them.

More generally these day, I would use one of the supermarket websites and look at the data for a given product, it's free and probably actually matches what I'm going to eat (which I've bought from a supermarket). I must say that I don't find it particularly easy to gauge the serving sizes used in the carbs and cals app/book by looking at what's on the plate, and always go with the weight measures.
I'm a dinosaur, just have the book which is actually now quite old but supplement with supermarket web sites etc.

If you’re interested in an app I can recommend NutraCheck, which personally I find more user-friendly than C & C. It has a huge database of foods and offers barcode scanning too. Quite reasonably priced if you take advantage of the frequent special offers. You can get a 7-day free trial to see if it suits

Carbs and cals app was free for a while so might be worth checking online! You can find cut down versions as well online.

Apparently (I understand from the forum) one must be careful about the source of the data, for example in the US, the carbs quantity includes fibre (which isn't broken down) whereas in the UK carbs exclude fibre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back