Carb free wine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, it doesn’t appeal to me.The amount of sugar in wine is negligible anyway and offset by the alcohol. They’re also advertising 0g fat and 0g protein, but the same applies to normal wines. Moreover, the reduction in calories is neglible.

Some references I’ve seen online, imply this is a ‘healthy’ wine. That’s very misleading and could encourage people to over-indulge. The calories for the ‘slim’ white wine are 60 per glass and normal white wine is around 75 calories, so pointless really.

I think it is a good advertising campaign rather than anything else! There isn't enough sugar in normal wine to worry about it anyway, unless you buy sweet wine and I doubt any of these are sweet .... and if they are they contain artificial sweeteners, so nothing there that would tempt me to buy them. Just a marketing ploy!

Sounds like it is expensive (no doubt) coloured water.
I just have a glass now and again as a treat and it has not affected my sugar negatively on the low carb diet. I often look into wine delivery things but I enjoy the ones I get given or the ones I think we can afford. Now I do not buy as many things for me but it is nice when hubby says are you going to treat yourself to wine?

I find that wine doesn't affect me at all, and neither does 3 pints of beer. Which is odd, as the GP told me to stop drinking beer due to its carb content. Not only do I get a wee bit tipsy, but I get a weird surge of something in my muscles and power walk home after a pub visit. It's the only time I eat crisps as well.

It doesn't appeal to me either. I enjoy red wine and some spirits and they don't seem to have much effect. Drink proper stuff not fake.

It works out as around £9.50 a bottle. I’d rather spend that on a nice normal wine if I’m going to spend that much. I wonder who their market is?

Red wine drinker & never noticed it ever affecting my bg levels, can't see this product lasting that long if honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back