Carascreen. HBA1c Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith2904

Before my Diabetes review I always obtain a private HBA1c test so that I am armed ready to see the Diabetes Nurse, who is the most negative health care practitioner I have ever met. I usually use Boots On line doctor but this time I used Carascreen as it was a little cheaper. Unfortunately they just took my money and ran and will not respond to my emails. There may be people who have had a similar experience but, if not, do not use them. I feel daft.

I was just poking around in the cerascreen uk web site and the language suddenly switched to Ukrainian. A glitch no doubt - it couldn't be that the lab is in Ukraine, could it? On the other hand there seems to be zero jnfo about what labs they use except to say they're "certified". I sure wouldn't trust them for anything critical without knowing a lot more.

Before my Diabetes review I always obtain a private HBA1c test so that I am armed ready to see the Diabetes Nurse, who is the most negative health care practitioner I have ever met. I usually use Boots On line doctor but this time I used Carascreen as it was a little cheaper. Unfortunately they just took my money and ran and will not respond to my emails. There may be people who have had a similar experience but, if not, do not use them. I feel daft.
Presuming you mean Cerascreen, they don't have great reviews but they do seem to respond to comments on https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.cerascreen.co.uk and on twitter (at least occasionally, though nothing since July). So maybe it's just they have few staff and it's summer?

Why not just check the results of your nhs hba1c before the appointment?

I have used this service. Like you, I like to have an idea of where I am so I tend to do it a month before my NHS test. I fully accept, as per Lucyr's suggestion, that it isn't necessary but I am impatient and curious and like to know ha ha

It took ages to get the result. What I hadn't appreciated is that the sample is sent overseas (I think it might have been to Germany) so you have some delay in it getting there and I guess another delay until they get it. I think it was about 10 days from beginning to end. It was broadly in line with my NHS result the following month. I'm not sure I'd use it again as I'd rather have a quicker turnaround, but I guess it's fine if you don't mind waiting.

Why not just check the results of your nhs hba1c before the appointment?
Yes you would think thats easy enough but they are extremely reluctant to discuss any results before the nurse appt. But I will have another go.
I have used this service. Like you, I like to have an idea of where I am so I tend to do it a month before my NHS test. I fully accept, as per Lucyr's suggestion, that it isn't necessary but I am impatient and curious and like to know ha ha

It took ages to get the result. What I hadn't appreciated is that the sample is sent overseas (I think it might have been to Germany) so you have some delay in it getting there and I guess another delay until they get it. I think it was about 10 days from beginning to end. It was broadly in line with my NHS result the following month. I'm not sure I'd use it again as I'd rather have a quicker turnaround, but I guess it's fine if you don't mind waiting.
They just never kept me informed. Same thing happened last Oct. They cancelled it then and refunded me but they just havent responded. Glad to know I am not the only one to want a heads up before I go before tthe judge! ha ha.

Yes you would think thats easy enough but they are extremely reluctant to discuss any results before the nurse appt. But I will have another go.

They just never kept me informed. Same thing happened last Oct. They cancelled it then and refunded me but they just havent responded. Glad to know I am not the only one to want a heads up before I go before tthe judge! ha ha.
Ask your practice how to get access to test results online, I can see mine through the NHS app.

Ask your practice how to get access to test results online, I can see mine through the NHS app.
This is a seaside town in North Wales. Cant even book an appt on line much less use an app. Would be great if I could. ha ha

This is a seaside town in North Wales. Cant even book an appt on line much less use an app. Would be great if I could. ha ha
I’m in England so I just use the NHS app but looks like the below instructions are for wales.

I’m in England so I just use the NHS app but looks like the below instructions are for wales.

Thanks a lot. I had no idea this existed. It certainly isnt publicised. I have filled the form in and will take it to the GP Surgery and see what they say.

Thanks a lot. I had no idea this existed. It certainly isnt publicised. I have filled the form in and will take it to the GP Surgery and see what they say.
Certainly worth doing, though I think it might be you still don't get results on it. (I don't, in England, just because apparently my GP surgery's computer system isn't currently compatible. They're not trying to hide the results: they'll happily print them out for me if I want them.)

Certainly worth doing, though I think it might be you still don't get results on it. (I don't, in England, just because apparently my GP surgery's computer system isn't currently compatible. They're not trying to hide the results: they'll happily print them out for me if I want them.)
I'm not expecting a lot and I dont think it will include test results but its one step nearer.

I am in England but not all surgeries give online access to blood tests. My surgery do have a dedicated results phone number so can ring and get results.

I am in England but not all surgeries give online access to blood tests. My surgery do have a dedicated results phone number so can ring and get results.
I can ring reception and in theory get results, but in reality I don't think they've ever told me over the phone. (If I go there they'll print them out (though I'm not sure they like people showing up at the surgery right now).)

I can ring reception and in theory get results, but in reality I don't think they've ever told me over the phone. (If I go there they'll print them out (though I'm not sure they like people showing up at the surgery right now).)
Mine is not reception, it is only for results twice a day, and if engaged you can leave a message and I have always had a call back same day.

They always like the diabetic nurse to 'reveal the results' . I have never had a happy diabetic review. Even when I lost 5 st she just said its not enough!! No encouragement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back