Car insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara32

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
I'm type 2 diabetic and I am about to go onto insulin. Does anyone know if this will affect my car insurance? Will the premiums go up? I'd really like to know of others experiences please. Many thanks

Hi,
I'm type 2 diabetic and I am about to go onto insulin. Does anyone know if this will affect my car insurance? Will the premiums go up? I'd really like to know of others experiences please. Many thanks
No, it shouldn’t go up. If you want to check it out, run your details through a comparison site without putting that you’re on insulin, and then repeat saying that you are, and see if there’s a difference, (most sites don’t even ask about your diabetes).
Having said that, your renewal premium probably will go up, because car insurance is rising for everyone these days.

Whilst it should not affect your premium (that would be disability discrimination), you must tell your insurance company and the DVLA.
It is likely that your driving license will need to be renewed every 3 years when you must confirm your hypo awareness and you must test your BG every 2 hours to ensure you are not hypo.

Hi,

No, your premium shouldn’t go up but you should inform your insurance company. It’s extremely important to tell the DVLA you’re on insulin. You’ll then have to fill in an additional medical form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back