Car Insurance, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi Everyone!
I was just wonder how much people roughly pay on there car insurance for the for the first year? I'm taking up my driving lessons again this week and I'm saving up to buy a car and praying I can save enough to pay the insurance off it as well🙄.
Only looking at getting a small car like a Toyota 1lt. may consider a black box too if I won't be to restricted.:D

Hi Sammie, that's like asking how long is a piece of string lol. Age where you live how many years held a licence for type of car ........... the list goes on. All you can do is shop around and see what comes up.

Good luck with your driving lessons.

Just realised you are newly diagnosed Sammie, have you informed the DVLA that you have type 1 diabetes? If not you need to do so because you will need your licence changed over.

You can use sites like confused.com and declare conditions.

Hi Sammie, that's like asking how long is a piece of string lol. Age where you live how many years held a licence for type of car ........... the list goes on. All you can do is shop around and see what comes up.

Good luck with your driving lessons.

Just realised you are newly diagnosed Sammie, have you informed the DVLA that you have type 1 diabetes? If not you need to do so because you will need your licence changed over.

hiya, yeah I think iv just asked a silly question because I'm not getting anywhere without actually having a car lol. thank you =D and yeah I have told the DVLA today as well 🙂

So garages offer leased cars to new learner drivers where the monthly leasing costs include insurance. I don't mean like Joe Soap's backstreet garage and any dodgy deals - these are like eg Vauxhall main dealers.

You would do well to look around - cos with what you'll need to pay in insurance alone, for your own car, as a learner driver these days - it's actually in many cases - cheaper to do it on a scheme.

One of our grandkids showed us - and we were suspicious but checked out all the Ts and Cs and the policy conditions - and they were fine! You had to have a black box - someone we know with one is a trainee pub manager so needs her car late at night to come home from work - and they extended her cover, free, cos there was a pukka reason for it. Everyone we know who has had anything to do with the scheme, is equally impressed.

It's a really good idea to shop around, first try two or three of the price comparison sites as the best quote from different sites can vary considerably, but also try one or two companies that do not appear on comparison sites. When my last renewal note came in from the AA, and I'd been with them for 3 years, my premium had shot up so I checked price comparison sites and found some slightly lower quotes and then tried Direct Line and ended up going with them and saving over £100 for the same cover I'd had with AA. Insurance companies sneakily push up renewal premiums so it's always worth shopping around come renewal time.

Sammie, my two teenagers have gone though Tesco Black Box, premium was £1300 for a 1.2 Skoda and £1450 for an Astra. L&V don't care if you're a diabetic, if the DVLA say your good to drive that's fine with them.

Hi Everyone!
I was just wonder how much people roughly pay on there car insurance for the for the first year? I'm taking up my driving lessons again this week and I'm saving up to buy a car and praying I can save enough to pay the insurance off it as well🙄.
Only looking at getting a small car like a Toyota 1lt. may consider a black box too if I won't be to restricted.:D
Hi,

Although I've been driving 11 years, when I was diagnosed with Type1(LADA) I called my insurance company and they said they didn't need to know about it as long as i've told the DVLA. I'm with www.bell.co.uk (partner of Admiral) for my car insurance and they were the cheapest when I started driving and are the cheapest every time I renew.

I told the DVLA and they've changed my license to expire every 3 years and taken away the ability to drive a van, which luckily they did 2 days after I hired a self drive van to move house!

Good luck with the driving!

Hi,
I am not driving yet but I got a quote.
I am over 25, married, new car with low emissions, off road parking, i put it as having passed for over a year. All ideal.

My quote was £4,000 a year on compare the market.

Can anyone suggest a good company to look at?

For that amount its pointless me even doing it, I wouldn't need to drive everyday it would just be for ease, and when the weather is bad.

Sammie have you had any luck?

Thanks,

Phoebe

Try NFU. They are not on comparison sites and I got a cracking price for my daughter. May not be any good for you but may be worth a call

Might also be worth looking at "black box" insurance policies, where you have a monitoring device in your car to measure times, locations and style of driving.

I paid about £130 a month with Admiral for my fiat punto when I first qualified in 2010 or thereabouts - it was more than my car payments! Second year was far cheaper and more insurers willing to take me on, and its fallen every year since (partly due to shopping around each year - currently on Quote Me Happy!

Have a look at Direct Line. I saved quite a bit moving to them from AA.

I was diagnosed T1 when 3, passed my test 3wks after my 17th birthday & never had any problems with ins. Car Motorbike & 7.5 tonners. 🙂 Car mad :D Had my first car which was just over 3yr old when I was 16 off paperbound money 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back