Canula in legs or bum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akasha

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Quick question.
Where abouts on the thigh seems best for a canula?
Would you leave it in any less then the normal 3 days?

Also, how easy is it to get the canula into your backside?

Just asking as I have ezchmea flare up on my stomach :(

I put them on the outer side of my thigh, anywhere I have enough fat.

Yep absolutely I'd take it out before the end of 3 days if it needed it. I normally only do 2.

I put my cannulas into wherever I can reach them - so I put them in the top of my backside. I don't like to put them somewhere awkward to reach in case I need to get at it publicly!

Anywhere there's enough fat on my thighs really, generally about the level where my hands fall when I'm standing up, on the top of my thigh or round the outsides.

I also wear them on my back, kind of the mirror image of where I wear them on my stomach, keeping away from my spine, plus round the side on my hips. Then down towards the top of my buttocks, and a bit further down, stopping before I get to the point where I'd be sitting on top of them.

I have been putting them on the top of my thigh, scared to put them out towards the side in case they get knocked! I use from the top of my legs to about halfway down, and I have been rotating them in the 'W M' pattern Medtronic suggest.

I recommend changing cannulas every 48 hours to avoid lipos. I have these on my stomach and they are the bane of my life, and knowing that they could take 10 or more years to fade away is horrible :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back