can't remember

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
This sounds really irresponsible but I really can't remember if I did my sons injection this morning. He has suddenly become ill bloods 28, pains in his back, and has been sick. I am just recovering from swine flu so am worried he could be coming down with that. What would the side effects of missing a 25/75 injection this a.m be????

This sounds really irresponsible but I really can't remember if I did my sons injection this morning. He has suddenly become ill bloods 28, pains in his back, and has been sick. I am just recovering from swine flu so am worried he could be coming down with that. What would the side effects of missing a 25/75 injection this a.m be????

Hmm difficult one , usually if you miss an injection you will notice a rise in glucose levels . Have you tested him for Ketones? Is he on MDI or 2 jabs a day? I'd test again , test for Ketones and get him to drink plenty of fluids , also correct if appropriate. If in doubt I'd ALWAYS phone a Doctor , DSN or NHS Direct . I have had Swine Flu and the symptoms were similar , high levels for the first day , pains , headache and nausea. Let us know how you get on and how he is 🙂

He would be very very high but would have been high throughout the day. What were his levels all day.

Check for ketones as being sick could be pointers for ketones and there were three boys in hospital last weekend for ketones (Patricia's son being one of them and two from another email list, one was actually in DKA).

I am presuming that another mixed injection is due or had by now, would that be right?

Have you corrected with novorapid? Do you know the correction factor etc?

If levels are still increased then it could be he is coming down with something. Do you have sick day rules?

Isn't it a nightmare if you forget if you have given an injection. I have done this 3 times in 9 years and it is just the worst thing and not a lot you can do except keep testing.

I hope you are fully better soon and I hope your son is.

hope he is ok? and you?

Keep checking his bloods as much as you can. Lots of water.
Try to add more novorapid if you can, i was told its better to bring it down slowly and controlled.
I have had it 3 years nealry four, i forgot my injection the first time ever the other week. I did a post on here, about it and everyone really helped out. cant remeber what it was called but ill search for it, maybe something there can help you too.

Was it his 24 hour one?
I dont know what effect this will have, i have only missed my small novorapid before i ate.

Whatever you do dont panic.
Try to get something in his belly if he wont stop being sick then A&E might be the only thing to do.

xxx

Hi MCR,

The post is called 'I forgot my insulin before' on 15-08-2009 10:35 AM.

Some good advice there that helped me out, might help you too.
xxx

Can't offer any advice, but hope everyone is feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back