Can't Get Libre 2 to stay on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good morning everyone.
I self-fund the libre 2, and I have a problem - I can't get them to stay on! I am fat and I have big arms, so there is a bit of wobbling going on :rofl: but they are also my widest point so they do get knocked, or more annoyingly 'stick' to whatever seat I am sat on and pull. Though this time it was putting my bra on, gently I might add, the strap touched the libre and pulled it off the sticky base! So the glue disc still on my arm and the Libre flapping in the breeze. It's only been on 48 hours 🙄
I've just had Abbott replace the last one which peeled off... I don't think they'll replace another? :confused:
I follow all advice to stick the thing on.
Any advice from fellow 'big armed babes'? :rofl:😉

Good morning @Spoon How irritating that the sensors are coming off. I use a tegaderm over the top of my sensor, especially if I am going swimming or fancy a long soak in the bath. Bra straps are a big culprit, and I put the ‘sensor strap’ on first very carefully.

My issue when I was door frames! There seemed to be a magnet in every door frame and my sensors!
extra tape over the top seems well worth it and keeps things in place with mild knocks.

The other thing that might help is putting it into the underish part of the back upper arm. I found that it gives some pretection.

I hope these ideas help.

I amen't a big armed babe but I crawled in and out of a dog cage for a long time feeling far too nervous of catching my sensor so I use patches, I use Cutiderm rather than Tegaderm as it's more affordable for me, I did use a Libre strap for a while which worked well too xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back