Can't get back on track!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rox

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi all, I was doing quite well with cutting down and losing weight slowly since September. Then Christmas came and I put on a few pounds. I did get back on track then and lost the weight slowly. Since April, after a family bereavement, I just can't seem to get back on track and have put on some weight. Although I feel really disappointed and frustrated with myself, I don't have the motivation to get back to my pre-April self................I know what I should be doing, but doing it is another thing! :(

Hello
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Personally I've been diagnosed as early onset type 2 diabetes 2 weeks ago. I'm just coming to terms and trying to do the 800 calorie diet. But I received news yesterday that my mum is in the ICU due to a sudden deterioration and I cannot go back to see her (it's a 11 hour flight). The sad news made me want ice cream as comfort and I went out and got some. But this morning I realised that to be there for my mum, I need to take care of myself first, make sure I'm fit and healthy and I'm more determined to reverse this condition.
So take the time you need and then put yourself first. It will all come back.
Good luck xxx

Hi, thanks for your response.......I understand what you are saying and I hope your mum recovers. x

Hi all, I was doing quite well with cutting down and losing weight slowly since September. Then Christmas came and I put on a few pounds. I did get back on track then and lost the weight slowly. Since April, after a family bereavement, I just can't seem to get back on track and have put on some weight. Although I feel really disappointed and frustrated with myself, I don't have the motivation to get back to my pre-April self................I know what I should be doing, but doing it is another thing! :(
First of all be kind to yourself. You will be grieving. You will do it... when you are ready. I just can't motivate myself at the moment either after doing so well. So I am making small adjustments rather than jump two two feet. You have support on here and that's the biggest motivator.

First of all be kind to yourself. You will be grieving. You will do it... when you are ready. I just can't motivate myself at the moment either after doing so well. So I am making small adjustments rather than jump two two feet. You have support on here and that's the biggest motivator.
Hi, thanks for your reply...... I hope you can get your motivation back soon too..... Like you say, do small adjustments first...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back