Cannot hear CGM alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy Philip

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I suffer with deafness and cannot hear either my phone or Abbotts reader during the night when I have a low glucose warning. Anyone else had this issue as a vibrating watch would work, Abbotts state its possible to download the app on a G4 Samsung watch but a check with Samsung support states they do not have the App yet

I don't have that issue, but I prefer a more subtle alarm so I have Libre 2 set up to do that. I use Juggluco on my phone and have it installed on my Pixel Watch, and it all works fine (both the watch and my phone vibrate for low/high alarms). (I also scan now and again with LibreLink just to keep that (and LibreView) up to date.)

xDrip+ can also be installed on Android watches and I assume would allow the same kind of setup.

I don't have that issue, but I prefer a more subtle alarm so I have Libre 2 set up to do that. I use Juggluco on my phone and have it installed on my Pixel Watch, and it all works fine (both the watch and my phone vibrate for low/high alarms). (I also scan now and again with LibreLink just to keep that (and LibreView) up to date.)

xDrip+ can also be installed on Android watches and I assume would allow the same kind of setup.
Thanks I take it Jugglico does ot conflict with the reader and allows alarms to go to both, cheers

Thanks I take it Jugglico does ot conflict with the reader and allows alarms to go to both, cheers
No. You can start the sensor with the reader and continue to scan with it, but when you first scan with Juggluco it'll steal the alarms and neither the reader nor LibreLink will offer alarms. (I imagine xDrip+ will work similarly in this respect.)

Putting your phone/reader in a glass or china mug on the bedside table can help to amplify the sound, or a breast pocket in a PJ top works for me with the vibration. I can't help you on the watch front but how about an arm strap for your reader so that you can strap it to your arm or wrist. I have an old neoprene Nokia phone pouch which I use to strap my reader to my arm or leg when I am out riding for easy access.

Putting your phone/reader in a glass or china mug on the bedside table can help to amplify the sound, or a breast pocket in a PJ top works for me with the vibration. I can't help you on the watch front but how about an arm strap for your reader so that you can strap it to your arm or wrist. I have an old neoprene Nokia phone pouch which I use to strap my reader to my arm or leg when I am out riding for easy access.
Or an enamel mug, which not only amplifies but doesn't break when it vibrates itself off the table! I have such an elderly and battered enamel mug (which predates me) and is also ideal for when I'm out in the garden. It may be a family heirloom, but is more sacrificial than our better glassware or crockery.

I was going to mention the ‘glass’ trick. A classic from US posters in the early years of diabetes online communities.

Your suggestion of an enamel mug is a great idea @Proud to be erratic - much more robust! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back