Canesten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshirelass61

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
HI, I got a email from Diabetes with discussions on and one of them was about some one having trouble with Boots being refused Canesten cream. Sorry I have looked for the thread when I sign on but can't find it. So I just wanted to say I too had trouble once buy it for Boot I was refused because I was a diabetic and when I asked why she said it could affect my diabetes. My doctor gave me some so I asked her and she said there was no reason why I should have been refused and to carry on buying it. I have got it from Amazon and Sainsburys before now no problem. Saying that the last time I got some it was from Boots and the sales person did not ask me anything. Nothing about my age (64) or was I a diabetic. MY nurse and doctor have both told me that we are prone to thrush specially if our sugars go out of keel a bit.
Just thought I would share this.

HI, I got a email from Diabetes with discussions on and one of them was about some one having trouble with Boots being refused Canesten cream. Sorry I have looked for the thread when I sign on but can't find it. So I just wanted to say I too had trouble once buy it for Boot I was refused because I was a diabetic and when I asked why she said it could affect my diabetes. My doctor gave me some so I asked her and she said there was no reason why I should have been refused and to carry on buying it. I have got it from Amazon and Sainsburys before now no problem. Saying that the last time I got some it was from Boots and the sales person did not ask me anything. Nothing about my age (64) or was I a diabetic. MY nurse and doctor have both told me that we are prone to thrush specially if our sugars go out of keel a bit.
Just thought I would share this.
Are you sure you’re looking on the correct forum? There’s been a long discussion on canesten for the over 60s over on the Diabetes.co.uk forum, which isn’t this one, we are Diabetes.org.uk. The similar website names often cause confusion!

Bottom line (pardon the pun) is that once you’re over 60, and post menopausal, any problems are less likely to be thrush, so the advice on the patient information leaflet is to get it checked out by a GP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back