Can someone recommend a new blood meter please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totalwar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Can someone recommend a new blood meter Trueyou as the one I got only goes up to 33 hi blood sugar.Once over 33 just shows Hi and also need it be able to take lances strips order from the GP.

If your levels are going up beyond 33 then you need to seek urgent medical advice not a new BG meter. Most don't read beyond 33 or below 1.8 I believe.
Are you regularly getting readings of "Hi" ? This would be a major cause for concern!

Can you give us an idea of what medication you use to manage your diabetes?

I agree with the above, you need A&E not a new BG meter!!

I had a mental health meltdown and stopped taking my meds for about 8 days.So that why I had sugar levels that hi.I rang GP he said just go back on my meds and my sugar levels go back to normal.My last level was 18 fasting level So gone down 4 points since since Christmas Eve.I on insulin and two tablets for my diabetes.

Still need a new meter if anyone know one that read higher then 33.

Meters generally don’t read higher than 33, finding a meter that does shouldn’t be your priority because if you are seeing levels above that and you’re on insulin, you need to seek medical treatment to check for ketones etc.

Can’t go anywhere now just found out that my son has covid gets better and better.
Where do I check for keystones?

Blood is better as it gives a current reading, urine sticks are a couple of hours behind but blood meters that take ketone sticks can be expensive and the strips even more so xx

Can’t go anywhere now just found out that my son has covid gets better and better.
Where do I check for keystones?
You don’t have to isolate unless you have symptoms or haven’t been vaccinated. You can get urine or blood strips to check for keytones

I had two jabs plus booster hope I safe don’t end up dead as I been classed as very vulnerable.

I had two jabs plus booster hope I safe don’t end up dead as I been classed as very vulnerable.
You don’t have to isolate if you’ve been in contact with someone with Covid, if you are fully vaccinated, but you are 'strongly advised' to do a lateral flow test daily for 7 days.

I thought if it was suspected to be the omicron variant then contacts must isolate regardless of of vaccine status xx

I thought if it was suspected to be the omicron variant then contacts must isolate regardless of of vaccine status xx
That was stopped a while ago

Only depending which nation you are in
Oops, sorry Kaylz, I tend to forget that rules in Scotland are different. It seems that you have to isolate for 10 days regardless of vaccine status if it’s someone in the same household who's tested positive, but you don’t have to quarantine, if vaccinated, if it’s a contact outside your household, (I know you know this, I'm just putting this up in case anyone else from Scotland visits the thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back