Can someone please explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carina1962

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have to mention this as i am a bit bewildered! it was my birthday this week and last night i went out with some friends to an 'eat as much as you like' chinese buffet place and it was amazing, i didn't hold back and just had what i fancied along with dessert and wine (conscious about what my levels would be after 2 hours). I was dreading testing but did anyway expecting a really high, double figure reading - i got a 6.4! i couldn't believe it - anyone know why this was?

Hi Carina, it might depend a lot on what you ate - most likely your BG hadn't peaked at 2 hours when you got the 6.4 and probably went higher much later. I think others have mentioned that Chinese is notorious for late peaking!

hi Northerner, as i have very limited test strips until Tues when i get another prescription i didn't test later but maybe if i had tested 3 or 4 hours later it may have been high. i didn't over indulge on the rice and noodles but had quite a lot of carbs with the starter type dishes like the prawn toasts and pancake rolls but if i do have a chinese again in future i will test at 2, 3 and 4 hours later.

If you had wine too your liver will also have needed time to deal withthe alcohol before it dealt with anything else.

The Chinese sounds nice and it sounds very much like you enjoyed your birthday treat, which is great as we all need treats too!

Sounds abit like what happened to me i had scampi and chips 2 days running last weekend both occasions the scampi was fryed and my levels on the friday were 6.3 and the Saturday 6.2 i thought i would be high as well but was pleasently surprised both times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back