Can I take ibuprofen? Type 2 Diabetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

janebookf1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
I am suffering at the moment with headaches and I am taking paracetamol but on occasion like now I need something else to help.
Can I take ibuprofen?
I cant take it long term as I do also suffer with stomach acid but have been told that I can take it on the odd occasion just not long term but read some conflicting information as if I can take it now I have been diagnosed.
Thanks

I don’t think anyone here can tell you definitely it will be fine to take, but I take ibuprofen at times with no issues. I have even taken it along with paracetamol, mid way between paracetemol doses.

If you are taking medication for your stomach acid then that will have a protective effect anyway so the ibuprofen should be ok. But it is probably a good idea to try to find out why you are getting headaches. Are you drinking enough, dehydration can cause headaches.

If you are taking medication for your stomach acid then that will have a protective effect anyway so the ibuprofen should be ok. But it is probably a good idea to try to find out why you are getting headaches. Are you drinking enough, dehydration can cause headaches.
I initially thought it was cause I was due to have an eye test but I have had that done now and yes my prescription has changed it is only slightly.
I am still getting headaches I would say on average 2 to 3 a week but not sure if its caused by Tiredness as since I have been diagnosed I just want to sleep.

I initially thought it was cause I was due to have an eye test but I have had that done now and yes my prescription has changed it is only slightly.
I am still getting headaches I would say on average 2 to 3 a week but not sure if its caused by Tiredness as since I have been diagnosed I just want to sleep.
If you blood glucose level is still high then one of the symptoms is tiredness. What measures are you taking to manage your blood glucose.

I can get hunger headaches if I cut down on food too much, or for too long a period of in-day fasting. Might that be a cause if you are cutting back yourself post-DX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back