Can anyone help me plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetsatin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am getting married in may & all organised apart from the Cake.
Has anyone got a recipe for a diabetic Wedding cake ?
I have looked on the recipe thread & can't find one.
Much apreciated if anyone can help!
Thank you.

Congratulations! Wouldn't an ordinary wedding cake be OK? I went to a wedding last year and got cake, I just didn't eat the icing. It's a very special occasion - have a(nother) treat!:D

Congratulations and like the others said it's a special day so indulge yourself, it can't hurt to have some 'real' cake once in a while.

Thank you for the link Steff will pass it on.
It's probably me just panicing about eating it lol
Will treat myself & just take off the icing & marzipan as Northerner said.
Just didn't want to go off the rails....too strict on myself i guess.

Thank you for the link Steff will pass it on.
It's probably me just panicing about eating it lol
Will treat myself & just take off the icing & marzipan as Northerner said.
Just didn't want to go off the rails....too strict on myself i guess.

Marzipan is one of the main things i miss satin on batternburg and xmas cake lol.🙄

Marzipan is one of the main things i miss satin on batternburg and xmas cake lol.🙄

Me too steff - I used to eat a whole battenburg in one go...

Sweetsatin, I know how you feel about the 'strict' thing - I'm the same really. But for one beautiful day you can forget you're diabetic and reward yourself for all your fantastic efforts and success! So happy for you!:D

Hey sweetsatin,

I wish I had the amswer, but I think thats a great question! Why not write to balance magazine? I bet thats a question quite a few people would be interested in the answer!

Good luck xx

Hi congrats on the wedding. I got married last May. We made our own cake, and iced it etc. I just had a bit of that, the portions of cake at weddings are normally quite small so I would just have it (less the icing if you want). If you can't treat yourself on your wedding day I dont know when you can.

What are you having for the meal, is there a more diabetic friendly pudding option?

We had a reduced sugar christmas cake this year, that turned out very nicely. The recipe is in "The Big Diabetes Cookbook" by Jody Vassallo. My brother tried to invent a sugar free version of mazipan by mixing ground almonds with mascapone and ricotta. I didn't find it all that convincing myself, it wasn't as good as his reduced fat and sort of reduced sugar rum butter (i say sort of, coz i think it just persuaded him to put more rum in it to compensate...).

Rachel

Congratulations, by the way. Hope you have a lovely day🙂

Thank you all for your replies & congrats.
Sugarbum great idea about asking the balance magazine.
I have just winged off the email 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back