Can’t stop eating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docsue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Since had two spinal cortisone injections 3rd January 2023 I’ve never stopped eating. My BG gone from 6 to 12 fasting blood
The thing is I’m now frightened to get weighed or take BG as I know I’ve been a right stupid woman! I’m so hungry and know I’ll have put on some weight so levels will go up. Been T2 for 15 years I’m on no medication now been on it all and just lost 4 stone and last HbA1c 39 but terrified now which is making me more hungry! Need motivation again I’m about 68kg last week! Please advice and kick up the backside

"Do I miss my potatoes and pasta? Not as much as I'd miss my toes!"

Does that help motivate yourself?

My work lunchbox contains salad leaves, a variety of cheese, salami, coleslaw and nuts. It keeps me going for hours. I suspect that the soft cheese is a large part of it. You didn't mention what it is that you are eating.

I’m eating some ready meals, cheese, bread and sweets! As I’m writing this I know I’m an idiot but something has took over my bossy in the past 4 weeks and I know I sound so foolish ☹️ hope I can get my act together as normally have trained myself to eat no more than 1000 cals

Surely 1000 calories isn't enough for an adult woman - your body is probably craving nutrition - protein and fats are our main requirements.
I eat meat, fish and seafood, cheese and eggs, full fat dairy, stirfry, salads low carb vege mixtures, and berries a couple of times a week. I had steak for dinner. I had planned on stir fry as well but did not feel hungry at all, so didn't bother. There is a part eaten chicken in the fridge, various salad things - and month by month since diagnosis and returning to low carb eating I have lost weight and changed shape. It does mean buying or altering clothes every 6 months or so and even my feet are smaller, but that's fine by me.
I found out long ago that low calorie diets just did not work for me, but HCPs just would not believe me when I told them how ill it made me feel, and accused me of not sticking to the diet.

Since had two spinal cortisone injections 3rd January 2023 I’ve never stopped eating. My BG gone from 6 to 12 fasting blood
The thing is I’m now frightened to get weighed or take BG as I know I’ve been a right stupid woman! I’m so hungry and know I’ll have put on some weight so levels will go up. Been T2 for 15 years I’m on no medication now been on it all and just lost 4 stone and last HbA1c 39 but terrified now which is making me more hungry! Need motivation again I’m about 68kg last week! Please advice and kick up the backside

Cortisone is a steroid and steroids often do that kind of thing.

Be kind to yourself. They don't dole out those injections unless there was a very good reason. I really hope it works very well for you.

Weight gain you can deal with in due course, and you seem to be motivated for that. Maybe try focusing on proteing based meals (unless you have kidney issues), as I find they keep me more full longer.

Hopefully you won't be feeling the cravings too much longer.

Steroids do make you more hungry so no you are not stupid.
So you can fill yourself up, is there any carb free foods you like? If so make sure you have plenty about so you can eat your fill until the steroid effects wear off.
Sugar free jelly would be flavoured water, make up a pint of it at a time add some sugar free squash to improve the flavour and see if that helps with the hunger. There's also meats, cheese etc., Perhaps cook a whole chicken so you can pick on it all day long.

Thank you for replies, it’s the dreaded craving for sweet stuff and when you give in you want more.! You never think oh I’d love some more salad but I’d love some chocolate. Over 2 years ago lost 5 stone kept all but a stone off and was in size 8-10s clothing but now back up to 14s but I’m only 4ft 9in and 72 years old. It really difficult when in chronic pain and awaiting surgery. Do you know I’m feeling very reckless maybe all the years of restriction and just gone mad! If I don’t sort myself out I’m going to be ill so need a good talk to myself. Thank you for all comments and advice and will post again next week! ☹️

Thank you for replies, it’s the dreaded craving for sweet stuff and when you give in you want more.! You never think oh I’d love some more salad but I’d love some chocolate. Over 2 years ago lost 5 stone kept all but a stone off and was in size 8-10s clothing but now back up to 14s but I’m only 4ft 9in and 72 years old. It really difficult when in chronic pain and awaiting surgery. Do you know I’m feeling very reckless maybe all the years of restriction and just gone mad! If I don’t sort myself out I’m going to be ill so need a good talk to myself. Thank you for all comments and advice and will post again next week! ☹️
How long have you been waiting for surgery?

good idea to keep a bit of an eye on your blood sugars levels, as there is an A1c cutoff point, beyond which they will not undertake elective/non- emergency procedures. That is 69 or 8.5%, but hopefully you aren’t going there.

The Nature Valley, KIND or shop own protein bars are reasonable for carbs at less than 10g per bar and the nut and chocolate are filling.
You could also try the protein yoghurts or Kvarg deserts as they are also filling and you could add some berries or nuts or seeds to them.
Dark chocolate in small amounts are not too bad Aldi and Lidl do some good flavours.

I’d quite forgotten about my blood sugar might affect me having ops. I’m due to two spinal surgeries replacing 6 worn out discs with doner bone and sone structure. Been on list for 6 months
Thank you for telling me this info and re protein bars x

The Nature Valley, KIND or shop own protein bars are reasonable for carbs at less than 10g per bar and the nut and chocolate are filling.
You could also try the protein yoghurts or Kvarg deserts as they are also filling and you could add some berries or nuts or seeds to them.
Dark chocolate in small amounts are not too bad Aldi and Lidl do some good flavours.

The Kvasg desserts with a dollop of peanut butter are excellent!

The Kvasg desserts with a dollop of peanut butter are excellent!
I have a white chocolate one in the fridge, well out of date, so I might try the peanut butter with that. I must admit I can't manage a whole pot at once.

I've got a pile of white chocolate ones... some at work in the fridge and some at home! A wolf down the whole pot pretty quickly. 🙂 And they don't cause my BG to even blip.

Have a bowl of hard boiled eggs in the fridge and chomp one when it all gets too much. :D I am back to this kind of craving as well after not wanting to eat for a while. I thought that was going to be forever, what a relief it was. I hate this craving for foods, it's pathetic. All my darned life, cheesed off with it so know how you feel and I've not even had any steriods! 😳

Thank you will go out today and stock up

aldi have the Nature Valley protein bars on offer at present, I bought myself a couple of packs today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back