Cambridge company recognized for potential Celiac-curing vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
ImmusanT Inc., the Cambridge company that is developing a vaccine that would allow people with Celiac disease to eat gluten, has received some important recognition.

Informa has named the company's drug one of the Top 10 Autoimmune/Anti-Inflammatory Projects to Watch. That has given new energy to ImmusanT executives as they enter Phase 2 of clinical trials.

One percent of the world's population has Celiac disease, an autoimmune disorder that triggers a defensive response to gluten.

"We believe that what we're doing is truly game changing and will completely shift the paradigm for patients that have no option, aside from a strict gluten free diet, which is difficult," said Leslie Williams, ImmusanT president and CEO. "We were honored, excited and quite pleased the outside sees what we're doing as an important project."

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/b...-company-recognized-for-potential-celiac.html

This looks promising - would be lovely 🙂

I shall also await the outcome with interest 🙂 Gluten free isn't that difficult to stick to though, just expensive.

Agree Sue it's expensive - re: difficult, I've found the kids parties are a little more challenging, we just tend to take our own food now, and initially eating out but we have found a couple of local places we can go to for a treat which are reliably GF and contamination free and do meals that the kids like.

Had lunch out on Thurs as was told about a small independent bakery that also did meals including gluten free.
Talk about helpful, I asked what they could provide and enquired about the carb value. Nothing was to much trouble they kept gluten free stuff separate and frozen so no contamination and also went digging for the carb value of the soups and bread roll.
Normal strategy would be to ring in advance if going out anywhere in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back