Calling all Byetta users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well, after weeks of faffing around by the DSN at the hospital, the possibility of Bydureon was scratched. They are apparently, hearing of issues with this new treatment.

So, this morning, I am now on Byetta, and Lantus - Novorapid scrubbed.

Any Byetta users opinions/advice would be appreciated

Many thanks

Can't offer any help but am sure someone wil be along soon

I have no experience either but I would assume that because your novorapid requirement is now gone that your insulin effectiveness is getting better and that you only need a wee helping hand with the slow glucose production.......

Well done........🙂

I'm on byetta for 1st month felt nauseous but once it wore off been fine have noticed I'm less hungry on it than I was which is a good thing lol levels are a lot better & diabetic nurse happy with my progress

How are things going with the Byetta Hazel, any side-effects? Hope it's going well for you 🙂

From what I've gathered from reading posts from other people starting on Byetta, then key points are to start with a low dose, take doses around food, and expect a bit of nausea initially, which usually eases with time, then doses are gradually increased. But if nausea remains very bad or there's vomiting, then it might not be the medication for you. Keep in touch with your diabetes team 🙂

first 2 days were pretty bad - nothing really to speak of since.

DSN and GP are happy to hear no real issues

Levels are coming down nicely, appetite certainly down too.

So far, a result

first 2 days were pretty bad - nothing really to speak of since.

DSN and GP are happy to hear no real issues

Levels are coming down nicely, appetite certainly down too.

So far, a result

Ah, great news Hazel 🙂

Hi Hazel. Sorry only just seen this. I've been on Byetta since April 2011 and doing great on it. I had no nausea at all and haven't noticed any change in my appetite or weight. Then again I've never had much of an appetite anyway so didn't expect any great changes. HbA1c 6.3 for the second time in August though and I feel much better. More energy etc. I was told initially that I should inject between 30 mins and an hour before eating. I've found that about 20 mins is best for me though or I can hypo straight after eating, which can be awkward. Please ask if there's anything you want to know, and good luck with it. XXXX

Hi there, I am a Byetta user too. Started June 2010. Hba1c down from 10 to 6. weight loss 2.5 stone. Works well for me. Had nausea during the first couple of months - when the most weight loss happened. Now I don't generally have nausea but I do eat much smaller meals.
Interesting about the Bydureon, my consultant wouldn't give it to me as she didn't feel happy with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back