Call out for Diabetic Composers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou Blatherwick

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

I'm currently hunting for a musical composer or instrumentalist of any kind with (preferably Type 1) Diabetes. I'm a Diabetic sound designer and looking for a possible collaborator for an upcoming project. Any help/leads/ideas are much appreciated!

Thank you,

Louis

Hi all,

I'm currently hunting for a musical composer or instrumentalist of any kind with (preferably Type 1) Diabetes. I'm a Diabetic sound designer and looking for a possible collaborator for an upcoming project. Any help/leads/ideas are much appreciated!

Thank you,

Louis
Hello @Lou Blatherwick ,

Welcome to the forum. We do have some members who play some instruments, but I am unsure how many composers we have on the forum.

Last edited:
What sort of thing are you looking for. I'm mainly goth/post punk but was classically trained.

Now this is getting interesting. Let’s just say. I’ve had some stuff published in the past.

But I’d be wary of the agreement in a collaboration that could involve “incidental music” for a computer game.? (At a guess at what Louis proposes as a sound designer.)
I’ve had experience with my intellectual property licensed off behind my back. That’s “rock & roll.”

Could you please elaborate on your intentions @Lou Blatherwick ?

Now this is getting interesting. Let’s just say. I’ve had some stuff published in the past.

But I’d be wary of the agreement in a collaboration that could involve “incidental music” for a computer game.? (At a guess at what Louis proposes as a sound designer.)
I’ve had experience with my intellectual property licensed off behind my back. That’s “rock & roll.”

Could you please elaborate on your intentions @Lou Blatherwick ?
Pretty much likewise.

Pretty much likewise.
Oddly, a “cease & desist” with digital in my experience is easy. (Dispute regarding intellectual property.) CDs & vinyl is trickier. Lol, & the irony of it was. I was credited as “song writer” on the cover.

So I would be wary as a lyricist.

Edit to add, or poet.

Hi all,

Thank you,

Louis
Hi Lou

I have now composed two choral pieces about living with T1 diabetes.

The Best That I can, which we recorded and released for World Diabetes Day in 2021
It was the first things I wrote and Used it as a way of learning music theory during lockdown.
Look on You tube

Just finished Hermione Alert and Alarmed which is about my pump (Hermione)
Another accompanied choral piece. We will perform it for the first time at our concer in July, and again at a concert I am organising to realise funds for Diabetes UK in September.

If this is of any interest come back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back