Calibration in progress. For hours. One+

Chelseagirl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi
Anyone had this before? New sensor yesterday, a bit out, so calibrated this am. Just looked now, and it is still saying “calibration in progress” and I cannot enter another. I am off on holiday tomorrow, and really can’t deal with this! Will it eventually come back? My sensors are usually pretty close and it’s not hugely out at the moment, but I don’t want the blasted thing failing altogether in a couple of days. I am taking 2 with me, but as a self funder I don’t really want to change it unnecessarily.

Sounds like the sensor is faulty. Calibration is a background activity and usually takes 30 min or so with all other app functions responding to requests etc. If you are off tomorrow, then IME, replace it and open a case with customer support before you go. They may well contact you by phone in a day or so, so best tell then you will be away etc.

Dexcom One+? Yes.

It happened to me with the free one I am trying out. It's apparently a well known issue. I had to calibrate as the sensor was miles out.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Then I re-paired using the QR code. This fixed it.

Dexcom One+? Yes.

It happened to me with the free one I am trying out. It's apparently a well known issue. I had to calibrate as the sensor was miles out.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it. Then I re-paired using the QR code. This fixed it.
Thanks! Tried that, and after I had changed my password as I had forgotten it , it seemed to be ok for about 30 mins and then the readings were up and down beyond reason! So I guess it’s the sensor, which is a pain as I had timed the change so I applied new one 48 hrs before leaving for holiday so it would have settled down. Never mind.

That is a pain. I went on a holiday earlier this year and my Libre sensor stopped working on the first day!

Thanks! Tried that, and after I had changed my password as I had forgotten it , it seemed to be ok for about 30 mins and then the readings were up and down beyond reason! So I guess it’s the sensor, which is a pain as I had timed the change so I applied new one 48 hrs before leaving for holiday so it would have settled down. Never mind.

Ugh! Sorry to hear that @Chelseagirl

Do get in touch with Dexcom - they'll most likely send you a replacement for the duff sensor. Won't help your elegant holiday sensor timing plans, but at least you wouldn't be out of pocket by a sensor. As a former long-term self funder I know how important it is to make each one count!

Back