Calculating the days of use in my Levermir Pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsyCabbie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Morning
I know it's a weird question but how do I calculate the amount of days use I have in my Levermir Pen?
I take 13 in the morning and another 4 in the evening.
I have calculated 1 pen last 4 days, is this correct?
Pat

Morning
I know it's a weird question but how do I calculate the amount of days use I have in my Levermir Pen?
I take 13 in the morning and another 4 in the evening.
I have calculated 1 pen last 4 days, is this correct?
Pat
No. Pens have 300 units in them. (100units per ml, each pen contains 3ml of liquid.)
You take 13+4=17.
Do you also do a two unit air shot before each injection? If so, this brings the daily total to 21.
Divide 300 by 21
Answer is just over 14 days.

Assuming there are 300 units in the pen then 13 and 4 = 17, 300/17 = 17 roughly days but this would decrease assuming you do the advised air shot before each injection xx

Happy New Year to you too 🙂 xx

Seems you’re all forgetting that whilst pens contain 300u, you can’t use all 300u because the insulin at the end can’t be used, the pen finishes before the insulin runs out. So it’s more likely 13 days than 14.

Seems you’re all forgetting that whilst pens contain 300u, you can’t use all 300u because the insulin at the end can’t be used, the pen finishes before the insulin runs out. So it’s more likely 13 days than 14.
Haha - I often find myself double jabbing in one hit with both hands… hate wastage

Haha - I often find myself double jabbing in one hit with both hands… hate wastage
Not sure what you mean. There’s a bit you can’t get out of the pen, even if you do your 13u with say 6u from one pen and 7u from another, the “empty” pen will still have some insulin in it. So you don’t actually get to use 300u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back