C-peptide test

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyp64

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All,
I've been asked to take a urine c-peptide test two hours after meal.
I've been told this will indicate if my body is producing enough insulin (as compared to being insulin-resistant).
I've been loosing weight well, have changed my diet, become more active and taking metformin. By fasting BG is between 5-6 - all good news.
My problem seems to be post-meal two hour spikes (jumping up 7 - 10 points).
I've been give Invokana in the meantime as (I believe) this forces the ejection of excess glucose directly into the wee????
My question is .....
If the results come back low, will I then have to start injecting before each meal? Am I doomed to be a human pin cushion?
I dread this more than any of the other life changes I've had to do to cope with T2. Stupidly I associate frequent needles with junkies (watched "Trainspotting" too many times).
Guess I'm looking for any reassurance .....
Thanks in advance,
Andy

If the results come back low, will I then have to start injecting before each meal? Am I doomed to be a human pin cushion?
I dread this more than any of the other life changes I've had to do to cope with T2. Stupidly I associate frequent needles with junkies (watched "Trainspotting" too many times).
I can't comment about the c peptide test but as someone with Type 1 (like many of the members of this forum), I have been injecting before every meal and snack (and at least once more per day) for nearly 20 years. I don't feel like a human pin cushion or think of Train Spotting. I feel ALIVE which is far preferable to the alternative.
The insulin pens which have been in use since before I was diagnosed are nothing like syringes used by illegal drug users and have small short needles. They are discrete and nothing to be afraid of or judgemental towards.

Whilst I would not wish injecting insulin on anyone, it is the risk of hypos rather than the stigma of injecting which is to be concerned about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back