Byetta

Anna2007

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Dear All,
I suffer with Type 2 diabetes and am taking metformin. However, I have also been prescribed Byetta 5mg. Does anyone know where I can get it over the counter without having to order it in advance? Also are there any places where I can get blood tests done over the weekend?

Love Anna:):eek::eek::

Dear All,
I suffer with Type 2 diabetes and am taking metformin. However, I have also been prescribed Byetta 5mg. Does anyone know where I can get it over the counter without having to order it in advance? Also are there any places where I can get blood tests done over the weekend?

Love Anna:):eek::eek::

Byetta is prescription only so you will not be able to buy over the counter.

What I meant was does anyone know of anywhere where I can hand in my prescription and get it over the counter without the chemist having to specially order it.

Love Anna

im not sure if i could help, but i do find most larger boots stores and superdrugs carry a stock of most things however you may find it is just one thing that isnt in demand so they dont find it cost effective to carry a large stock.

Either phone in advance to ask if they have in stock - remember you have to get everything from a single prescription sheet from a single pharmacy; or take prescription to pharmacy, preferably before 12 noon, which can mean pushing it through letter box before it opens, then collecting after 12 noon next day. Leave a note with phone number so they can phone you when it's ready or if there is going to be a longer than expected delay to avoid you making a wasted journey. Make friends with your local pharmacist! Mine, at Co-Op is great - she's a runner / cyclist and I think she likes helping a active person with diabetes.

presumably you're getting prescriptions for it in on a fairly regular, and predictable basis? If so speak to the pharmacist, if they know when you're likely to want it they should be able to make sure it's in, even if it's not something they routinely keep in stock.

Hi
I use Byetta the 10 dose twice a day, and it is on my repeat prescription list.

I order it in advance with my other medication, and have the prescription sent to the chemist, who will obtain the drug and keep it in the fridge until I collect it in a few days.

I find it is best to get another pen before I have completed the original - just incase I have a problem with the pen.

I have been taking the drug since August and have lost some weight, which is great for me as I use a wheelchair, & exercise has always been a problem.

I am new to using needles, and just learning about it all.

Back