Byetta Exenatide

Status
Not open for further replies.

799roger

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, Is any one else on the above drug to control their diabetes?, I have been taking it 2 injections a day since Dec 2007, the main advantage is weight loss but seems not to control your blood numbers, I should say that I was on insulin prior to being prescribed Byetta, because of very high blood numbers I have had to go on to 26units of Glargine (insulin) per day and 2x 80mg glitazide tablets a day and just to add more 4 metformin per day, this is only a small part of my medication, so I would be very interested in anyone else's experience of this drug.:confused:

exentide

Hi

Yes i am on Exenatide, ive been on it since June 2007. I have two injections a day along with 6x50mg of metformin and 2x30mg gliclozide. I was diagnosed with type2 diabetes in 2002 and tablets did not really controlled my BS levels my hba1c was averaging around 10 but since ive been using Exenatide it has dropped to 7. The benfits of it are that you dont put on weight as with insulin, i have lost around 7kgs since starting Exentide.
When i first started the course it was a 12 month trial but i was allowed to stay on the drug (apparently its very expensive as its Gila monster/lizard spit) as it was working well although i had some side affects at first. All together i feel a lot better than i did before and would recommend it.

Colin

Hi, Is any one else on the above drug to control their diabetes?, I have been taking it 2 injections a day since Dec 2007, the main advantage is weight loss but seems not to control your blood numbers, I should say that I was on insulin prior to being prescribed Byetta, because of very high blood numbers I have had to go on to 26units of Glargine (insulin) per day and 2x 80mg glitazide tablets a day and just to add more 4 metformin per day, this is only a small part of my medication, so I would be very interested in anyone else's experience of this drug.:confused:
Hi
I have been using Byetta since last Aug 2008. I struggled with the nausea and vomiting, but have got used to the nausea & hate the vomiting.
I had loose bowels before I took the it, but now I am the other way
I have lost 2st since Aug 2008 - which is an achievement as I am a wheelchair user, and exercise is difficult

I also take Metformin Modified Release tablets, and did take a small amout of Glipizide (I had to stop as I was too sick).

I have the usual blood pressure tablets, painkillers and tabs to control my blackouts.

I have been on various Statins (or sim), all of which cause me to vomit, as soon as I have taken them.

I juggle my tablets to try to give me quality of life and reduce my liver test results.

I would be interested in swapping notes with other users of Byetta.

Elizajayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back