Byetta (Exanitide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shauny c

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have just been taken off Insulin after 3 month trial,and put on 10mg Byetta...Transformed my life...No Driving restrictions, or Work restrictions now, so i can return to work. I was not allowed to work on my own or drive a company vehicle whilst on Insulin,so i was desperate to be taken of it. I would like to know if anyone has experience of this. I have been using 5mm needles when injecting, i was running low so got some more through the pharmacy. Come to use the new ones this morn and see to my horror ,they are 8mm. It doesn't sound much difference, but they look a foot long to me.. Will i be ok using this size needle ? Does it make any difference to the way the fluid will be dispersed in body...? Help would be gratefully received.:confused:

Hi - I have taken Byetta in the past and was given 8mm needles so think you should be fine.

Glad you are getting on okay with it. I had to come off it due to severe sickness and was put on Victoza instead.

Don't be afraid to ask if you think you may need to change too, but all sounds okay at the moment.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back