Byetta and vomiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucy123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi

Sorry for all the Byetta questions.

I have just moved to 10mcg of Byetta, and am now suffering from quite severe (projectile! sorrry) Vomiting.
It happens within 2 hours of injecting, only one bout and afterwards I feel okayish!
The problem is it is that fast from feeling sick to being sick, there is no time to make a run for it. I ruined a family BBQ yesterday and felt so sorry for everyone who didn't have time to make themselves scarce, plus its quite embarrassing.
Is this quite normal?
Will it ease off - and if so how long will it take until it does?
Currently injecting and eating half an hour afterwards.
With the morning injection, I am still taking 2000 Metformin - is this right?

Sickness is either morning or afternoon injection, and varies.
It also seems to be worse when I have done some quite serious exercise.

I am back at work today, after a weeks holiday, but am sitting very close to my waste paper bin!

I am not sure if I should take some leave from work.😱

No personal experiences obviously, but projectile vomiting without warning is a serious and very inconvenient side effect - so, please contact whoever prescribed the Byetta. Plus, they can advise about metformin doses.

Hi Copepod,

I have been told to try and ride it out, as it should ease off.
I am thinking of asking if my Metformin can be reduced for now though to see if that helps.

Never thought the sickness would be so bad, buthave been told it will only be temporary and it would be better for me if I can just hang in there:(

I am trying crystallised ginger now to see if that helps.

If anyone has any suggestions to help me through this awful stage, I would be grateful.

Sorry to hear about that Lucy, it isnt something I have experienced I am afraid, so cannot give you any hints, tips or tricks.

Only thing is keep the Doc in the loop on a regular basis and pester them if this doesnt dissipate.

Thanks Malc,

I have had a read on a few Byetta forums (didnt know there was such a thing) and it does appear some people are unlucky like me - but sticking with it does seem to work - so will do my best.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back