Byetta and alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzie53

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all. I am a new Byetta user - 10 days. At the moment I am on holiday and am managing well with eating in restaurants. Weight is dropping off me as all I fancy are tiny meals of lovely fresh fish and salads (not like me at all), it looks like I may have lost almost 4 kg. I'm away from my digital scales and have to stand on a really wobbly old fashioned set lol. So wont know what I've really lost until I go home next week. BG's are right down though so that is great. Anyway what I really need to know is where do I stand with Byetta and alcohol? It is something I forgot to ask when I went on the training morning. I rarely drink but tonight I was sipping fizzy water in a harbour side bar and I really fancied a gin and tonic but wasn't sure if I could - does any body know?

I am absolutely no medical expert and any comment I make cannot be treated as such!

I have been on byetta since the beginning of the year and have had no problems when drinking from time to time.

Usual precautions of course - always tell them a false phone number!, oh and make sure you do not drink much on an empty stomach, which if still in that first few days of Byetta can be more of a problem that you might think.

Basically, take it easy, chill and relax and dont forget G&T tastes best with lime not lemon.

Cheers
Malc

I would be careful and test the effect of drinking alcohol whilst on Byetta - alcohol can lower your blood sugars so you need to make sure you "know" your body. As you are new to Byetta, I would avoid it until you have stabalised but as I don't drink, I can't speak from personal experience, I'm afraid.

http://www.drugs.com/byetta.html

You may find this useful

Well done with your weight and enjoy your holiday🙂

Thanks both of you. Reading that link I see it states not to drink alcohol and as I'm on holiday in the back of beyond I'll play it safe and stick to my fizzy water. It's no big deal really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back