Bury eye sight/ headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambradley5

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Afternoon all,

I experienced a low and I took some sugar. About 5 minutes after my sight started to go really blurry / fuzzy and I have a slight headache. Has anyone got a clue why? My levels are not rising fast fast but Iv never experienced this before in 4 years.

Any support or reinsurance would be greatly appreciated!

Sam

Hypos can definitely make your sight go blurry. It is one of my first hypo awareness signs . Usually it starts with my peripheral vision and if I am switched on I spot it early and that is as far as it gets but in the past when I have been caught off guard, it has got to the point that when I blinked there was complete darkness for a fraction of a second after each blink when my vision simply didn't return straight away or flashes when I blinked. Visual disturbance is common with hypos and hypo headaches are also a thing although usually if you have been low for a while during your sleep.
How low did you go and are you checking your recovery with finger pricks rather than relying on CGM?

It sounds like a hypo headache @Sambradley5 They can be quite nasty, especially after a bad headache. The blurry vision is common with hypos. Some people get double vision too, or weird coloured patches or blobs like when you’re out in the sun then come into a dark room.

The important thing is to get your blood sugar back up. Your headache should then ease. Be extra alert for the rest of the day because a hypo can make you more prone to another hypo.

I hope you’re feeling better soon.

I get the same as mentioned above, apart from “feeling” low, when I’m mid to low 3s I start to get little black flashes in the centre of my vision (a bit like a migraine aura). Yesterday I had a bad hypo in the mid 2s and started to lose some vision altogether- it was like black patches starting on the periphery of my vision. I almost always get a headache following treating the hypo. I assume your blurry vision is also the effect of the hypo, hopefully yoir Levels are now back in range and your vision is ok now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back