Burger and chips last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
So i went out for a meal last night as my parrents wanted to as it was my last night with them before traveling back this evening and as a early birthday thing its my birthday on monday.

So order a burger and chips nurtacheck saids a stanrded bar bar burger and chipd 125 but for some reason i went for 100 instead. Dont why i didmt go for 125 that nurta check said i posailly should have.

So i went for a split dose. I pisibly didnt need too or left the second injection too late. I was 6.5 before eating it when i tested before my second injection i was 17.8(oops!) 2 hours after that injection was 10.8 and before bed 10.4 i didnt correct but did check i was on it leter in night when i couldmt sleep(poisbly those 2 coke zeros i had were a flaut for not that) and it was 8.8 which too me isnt a corection level.

It was my first burger and chips meal since diagnosed.

So i went out for a meal last night as my parrents wanted to as it was my last night with them before traveling back this evening and as a early birthday thing its my birthday on monday.

So order a burger and chips nurtacheck saids a stanrded bar bar burger and chipd 125 but for some reason i went for 100 instead. Dont why i didmt go for 125 that nurta check said i posailly should have.

So i went for a split dose. I pisibly didnt need too or left the second injection too late. I was 6.5 before eating it when i tested before my second injection i was 17.8(oops!) 2 hours after that injection was 10.8 and before bed 10.4 i didnt correct but did check i was on it leter in night when i couldmt sleep(poisbly those 2 coke zeros i had were a flaut for not that) and it was 8.8 which too me isnt a corection level.

It was my first burger and chips meal since diagnosed.
Hi ray ray119

I find for a burger and chips, I take my bolus at same time as I start meal. Always works well for me that way. There is an exception to this, if it's one of those gourmet (huge) burgers or double the size, then I delay the bolus till after meal is finished, otherwise I'd end up hypo pretty quick with all that protein to digest.

Hi ray ray119

I find for a burger and chips, I take my bolus at same time as I start meal. Always works well for me that way. There is an exception to this, if it's one of those gourmet (huge) burgers or double the size, then I delay the bolus till after meal is finished, otherwise I'd end up hypo pretty quick with all that protein to digest.
I fingered it was offer 80 carbs which id been avised to split dose and ths fact it was chips would i meant fat at least my was thinking. When mcdonalds firwa before j didnt spilt dose but needed to..

Did you enjoy your burger and chips?
If so, you have a reason to try it again and change your approach.

Much of learning about how much to bolus and when to do it learning about how your body reacts rather than how others do. I find other people's experience is a good starting point and then I tweak it and go through a lot of trial and error to find out what my body needs.

The other thing worth mentioning is that blood glucose meters are less accurate at high levels. This is especially true for Libre. So, don't beat yourself up about the 17.8. It may not have been that high. And it came down in a couple of hours.

Did you enjoy your burger and chips?
If so, you have a reason to try it again and change your approach.

Much of learning about how much to bolus and when to do it learning about how your body reacts rather than how others do. I find other people's experience is a good starting point and then I tweak it and go through a lot of trial and error to find out what my body needs.

The other thing worth mentioning is that blood glucose meters are less accurate at high levels. This is especially true for Libre. So, don't beat yourself up about the 17.8. It may not have been that high. And it came down in a couple of hours.
I did it wasnt the libre as and without sensor as all what i had me failed again and i need to ring ablert.

I did it wasnt the libre as and without sensor as all what i had me failed again and i need to ring ablert.
but it anwers to the question yes i did enjoy the burger and chips it was a good burger and good qaultiy chips.

but it anwers to the question yes i did enjoy the burger and chips it was a good burger and good qaultiy chips.

Well all well & good then, worth repeating until you get it right, you will get it right but not everytime as experience tells us all.

Might try it again tomorrow. Im going out to weatherspoons for a birthday meal. Only problem is were not leavving the house until 7 so dont know if thats going to miss things up a bit because ill end up eating why leter then i normally eat

Sounds like a really good first effort. A few dozen more trial runs and you will start to get a proper system in place :D 😉

Sounds like a really good first effort. A few dozen more trial runs and you will start to get a proper system in place :D 😉
im trying not to let the the fact the libre app says 59% in the last 24 hours. taget put me off trying it tomoorow(not really helpfl it tells how much time in target you been in the last 24 hours. I aslo have a feeling my sensors on the way out again, i just dont get on with them). but not 100% sure i will try it. the weatherspoons website says there burger and chips is 169g(which is alot i think i might) hoever i do think all thier food is carby) if i do have though i'll think i'll still do a split does but do the second dose ealier

This was tonights atempt with atempted with more insullin and to and an ealier second dose. I might be eating cake soom. Maybe. Not Quie yet because im Not sure i belive it at the moment because ive not long finger pick(as i couldnt find my phone and it was higherthen that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-10-22-09-15.png
    Screenshot_2022-01-10-22-09-15.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back